MIDIbox8 to COM....

ladybug

If I understand the question, you want to have MIDI in and Out Ports AND a COM port? I don't think this is possible:

(only one driver is allowed for the Rx Input of the PIC, either the 6N138, or the MAX232, or a second Core module)

(from the LTC Module descrition page)

If you really need this, I think you would have to use another CORE as a MidiMerger. Hope this helps.

Justin

As an afterthought - if you need both, but not at the same time, you could make them both and then put a switch on pins 25 & 26 to choose which interface is active.

If I understand the question, you want to have MIDI in and Out Ports AND a COM port? I don't think this is possible:

(only one driver is allowed for the Rx Input of the PIC, either the 6N138, or the MAX232, or a second Core module)

(from the LTC Module descrition page)

If you really need this, I think you would have to use another CORE as a MidiMerger. Hope this helps.

Justin

As an afterthought - if you need both, but not at the same time, you could make them both and then put a switch on pins 25 & 26 to choose which interface is active.