SID <-> Bankstick difficulties

SexyBeast

Hi,

finally I got my SID running with a (for the first tests) step A control unit. For now I got one core and one sid and a bankstick connected. I have modified the core for MIOS 1.7 usage and have uploaded mios 1.7 and setup_6581_with_cs.syx. (BTW: why do I get a 'MIOS 1.5b' message?)

I installed Jsynthlib and tried to send the example patches. But only one patch will be stored. When I send one patch it will be stored to all patches of the SID.  When I send the whole library the SID counts up the patch numbers but won't store the patches. While sending I get switching noises from the SID.

The Bankstick EEPROM seems to be connected correctly.

Any guesses welcome!

regards, SB

hi,

I have modified the core for MIOS 1.7 usage and have uploaded mios 1.7 and setup_6581_with_cs.syx. (BTW: why do I get a 'MIOS 1.5b' message?)

If you get this message when you should have mios 1.7

there is something wrong there, and since you made the mios1.7 hardware mods (wich include the bankstick port) your bankstick doesn't work.

i suggest you download mios 1.7 again, and upload it in your sid, then the sid application and see if something is different.

good luck,

marcel

Hi,

thank you all, now I've solved the problem. My mistake, of course:

Thing is I used Serge's Sysexbox to upload MÃOS and stuff and when I uploaded MIOS I didn'd do it quick enough after rebooting the PIC.

But it's also because of the documentation. On the page documenting Sysexbox it is said: "In difference to MIDI-Ox, you don't have to take care for timings, but only..."

Obviously you can't take that literally and I think it should be changed. (I seem to bee the only fool having this problem, though...  ;) )

regards, tom

I think it's better to enhance SysExBox, so that it resets the core module automatically before uploading MIOS.

Or maybe a MIOS autoload check box, so after opening MIOS SysEx, it could be checked and when SysExBox sees Midibox sending a request for upload, it would start transfer automatically.

Bye, Moebius