Behringer BCR 2000 now for 125 €....just need to....ad lcd displays :-)

andid

how to handle lcd displays? which controller /computer ???  

2 members have voted

1. 1. how to handle lcd displays? which controller /computer ???

• computer controlled over com port
    • midi interface lcd...

Hi all

Just ordered a behringer rotary controller with led rings at  thomann.de for 125 €. that sounds really cheap to me because it has 32 led rings and encoders. :-) so my question is: i want to use it for controlling Virtual instruments in Cubase, and i miss the lcd displays which show the  actual parameters like cutofff, decay etc. for each controller. my idea is to build now 4 long lcd displays under the rotarys and connect them to a device where i can handle them...for example you use the minimoog on the computer and you press the button for minimoog on the lcd controller and...the actual parameters for the minimoog are shown at the displays (a bit like the mackie c4) how can i contol the lcd displays?? by conputer over the com port with a certain program? or with a midi  self build midi interface? is it better to use small lcds for each rotary or a big line for every eight?? would be great if someone could help :-)

CU and Greets André

• Like 1

Hi André,

by using the C wrapper of MIOS it's a piece of cake to create (and especially to customize) such a 4-display MIDI monitor . It only has to decode the incoming MIDI events in MPROC_NotifyReceivedEvnt() and has to place the parameter name and value at the right display positions. Details about the C wrapper can be found in the MIOS programming section of this forum. Once I find the time, I will provide some examples to demonstrate the usage, but I think that such a project doesn't need so much explanations, it's a straight forward programming task which should be easy to realize even for programming beginners.

However, 4 LCDs require a driver adaption, because by default only 2 LCDs are supported. Such addaptions can be made in a customited app_lcd.inc driver (see also the lcd7_clcd.zip package) and need assembler due to execution speed reasons

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 10 years later...