Powering a step A MBSid

Lo-Fi_Massahkah

I'd like to power my MBSid with a single PSU and since I don't own the original C64 PSU, I'm wondering how to get things done.

It says on ucapps that I can use a 15V 500ma transformer for both  the SID- and CORE module. But how do I hook it up? The transformer into the SID? And then? I'm really a newbie, here. So, please be gentle!

Cheers,

Mikael

I think the easiest way to do it is to get a C64PSU anyway.. ;D there not so hard to find i guess (try ebay, flea markets etc.)

if this is no option:

If you don't want to use the C64 PSU, you can power both modules with the same transformer or wallwart for both modules. 14-15V AC (!!!before!!! the regulation unit) are required for a good and noiseless sound.

so get a wallwart with 14V or 15V AC, power both of the modules with it but make sure you include all rectifiers/regulators on both the modules (core bridgerectifier; X1(B40C800) regulator; IC2 7805 (makes a clean 5V)) (SID rectifier+regulator for 12V)

ps the 12V is for when you use the SID6501; when you use a SID8580 you can change 12V for 9V (the regulators)

when i'm writing this i get more and more doubts, could someone verify or correct this??

cheers, marcel

ps the 15V is for when you use the SID6501; when you use a SID8580 you can change 15V for 12V

You're almost right:

It's 9V for 8580 (you'll need a 7809 regulator)

and

it's 12V for the 6581 (you'll need a 7812 regulator)

Look into the schematic of the SID Module,  then it becomes clearer.

greets

Doc