SID V1.7a and JsynthLib trouble...

Julian

hello Y'all!

I've got a problem with my sid and Jsynthlib.

it worked wonderfull with my sid step A

then i've built a 2 sid machine with complete CS step C.

now, after a long time of knob twiddling and not using JSynthLib, I wanted to sort my patches using JsynthLib

but it rejects to work propperly :(

but there are some things not completely clear to me...

what is the "unknown generic device" located in my synth-list? I can't remove it.

does the setting of this unknown generic device affect my SID behaviour?

to wich SID should I adress my sysex request? sid 1 or 2? does it matter?

Link mode activated or not?

I do get sysex dumps out of my sid... but they are the wrong size. with normal settings (device id 0 channel 1 for example, thats what the values of my sid are)

i get >500kb per single patch :(

with settings like id 2 and channel 2, wich neither of my sid's got, i get a correct single patch dump,

but can't request banks.

also the bank select option is always disabled in jsynthlib... is it possible to request a dump from another bank than "A"?

it would be nice if someone could help me!

best,

julian

Hi Julian,

now, after a long time of knob twiddling and not using JSynthLib, I wanted to sort my patches using JsynthLib

please send me your patches, once they are well sorted :)

what is the "unknown generic device" located in my synth-list? I can't remove it.

does the setting of this unknown generic device affect my SID behaviour?

this dummy device always exists due to conceptional reasons in JSynthLib - it doesn't affect the SID

to wich SID should I adress my sysex request? sid 1 or 2? does it matter?

to the first SID, device ID 0, because only this SID has a BankStick

You could also use device ID 1, but in this case it would only to possible to write into the EEPROM (single patch), and not to transfer a whole bank

Another problem is, that JSynthLib doesn't really support the access to multiple devices from a single editor (yet), the current solution is a dirty workaround, and the use is complicated (conceptional problem, no way to improve this without changes in the core library)

Link mode activated or not?

If you want to send a patch to the first SID slave (device ID 1): of course

I do get sysex dumps out of my sid... but they are the wrong size. with normal settings (device id 0 channel 1 for example, thats what the values of my sid are)

i get >500kb per single patch :(

with settings like id 2 and channel 2, wich neither of my sid's got, i get a correct single patch dump,

but can't request banks.

also the bank select option is always disabled in jsynthlib... I is it possible to request a dump from another bank than "A"?

Open a new Library, then click on Patch->Get

In this menu you are able to select the Bank.

Very important: this is not supported in JSynthLib versions < 0.20 because at this time the multiple BankStick option was not supported by MIDIbox SID ;-)

So, please use this version: http://69.56.171.55/~midibox/jsynthlib/JSynthLib-0.20.0_midibox_mod1.jar.zip

Another tip: if you only want to rearrange the patches, it makes sense to use TL's Patch Manager instead - the handling is much more comfortable:

http://www.automatic-brain.de/midibox/

Best Regards, Thorsten.

meanwhile jsynthlib works...  it changed the midi channel of my sid and it worked... don't know why *G*

I'm allready using

"JSynthLib-0.20.0_midibox_mod1.jar"

but the "bank select" option in the "get" menu is still not  available (its visible but gray/deactivated)

when my patches are sorted and named correrctly, I'll post 'em to you!

best,

julian

Hi Julian,

but the "bank select" option in the "get" menu is still not  available (its visible but gray/deactivated)

It's disabled when you are trying to "get" a bank within a bank window, because this is the context which only allows to request patches. Banks can only be requested from a library window.

when my patches are sorted and named correrctly, I'll post 'em to you!

Great! I'm planning to publish a new library with a second preset bank once the TB303 option has been released :)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 9 months later...

Thorsten this whole upload thingie is very unclear.

I install jsynthlib and configure it.

Set sid to channel 1

All cool.

I have 1 bankstick installed.

I do the following:

I load the 128 patches in jsynthlib by "right click BANK and select store" This uploads all 128 patches to the Bankstick.

Me is very happy.

Now i wish to load the core. Well it does not work the same way.

So i choose to upload them 1 by 1

1st i do not know how to bypass the stick so i yanked it out of it's socket.

Now i try to upload patch.

Patch 1 ok

I select on control panel patch 2 (which is empty)

I upload patch 2

???? Patch 1 is affected and patch 2 is still empty?

So i select sid 2 and do the same thing ??????? patch is loaded but core is affected too?

This happens also when link button is enabled.

Now what is the correct procedure to upload the 128 patches to the slaves and core?

regards,

Jeffry