Frontpanel Express and Hammond enclosures

lukas412

Hello everyone,

I found a hammond enclosure, that is perfect for my midibox, but reading the forums, I had read that FPE will only cut flat panels. Well I contacted them yesterday and they told me that they can in fact cut my panel into a pre-made Hammond enclosure. So I will let you all know what the results are when I get it back. And it turns out that the enclosure will cost me about the same as the aluminium panel would have cost from FPE. For those who don't know Frontpanel Express is the US counterpart to Shaffer. They use Frontpanel Designer aswell.  It will probably be a while, cause the enclosure I need is'nt stocked by anyone and its like a month lead time.

Luke

Not to post spam but try this guy... chris.montplaisir@alliedelec.com  He told me he can get hammond stuff pretty quickly.  I am getting ready to order an enclosure for myself.  Tell me a little more about how you are doing the Transaction with FPE.  I might do this with the design i have come up with for my FM.

Bobby

Well, I emailed them, and they told me that if I send them the enclosure, they will cut it for me, and that it doesnt have to be a flat panel. Same way you would if you were using their material, do your design, and submit it to them through Frontpanel designer. Unfortunatly, I think my controller needs more space between the knobs, so Im not quite sure its gonna fit in a hammond now. Im still working on it, so Ill let you know how it goes. Thanks for the tip, Ill email the guy.

Thanks,

Luke