mb sid & lcd 2 x 40

tokyomatik

Hi,

2x40 will work

in main.asm, you have to set "CS_MENU_DISPLAYED_ITEMS 10"

The DIN wiring is different, since you need more buttons for 5 additional menu items:

http://www.ucapps.de/midibox_sid_cs/2x40_enc.pdf

If you are planning to build a Step C interface, all buttons behind the menu buttons are shifted by 5 DIN pins

Best Regards, Thorsten.

yes, i'm planning to build a type c

and i already have all the parts needed(only 1 sid at the moment)

no problem if i have to buy some extra buttons, but for the din module, there's something that is not clear yet...

shoul i buy an extra module or i can do everything with those 3 modules?

it's about that "shifting 5 din pins"

the din wiring on the pdf was not too clear for me, because from j15 of the core module and the display i have only 1 fat red line

so...i'm just a beginner and from that schematic is a bit tough to understand how to "shift"

plus: even my english is so so

maybe if you can explain in another way i'll be able to do that modification

sorry if i'm a bit retarded  ::)but little by little i know that i can realize this project ;D

thanx again for your help :)

I just had a look into the code, and noticed, that the buttons are free assignable (read the comments in cs_menu_io_tables.inc)

This means, that you don't need to change the pinning, you only need to write the shift register and pin number of the 5 additional buttons into the cs_menu_io_tables.inc file (search for "CS_MENU_BUTTON_Sel")

I hope that such modifications don't need additional schematics, when you think about how many configurations are possible, it should be clear that this could lead to endless effort at my side, just to save somebody from reading the given informations, which are available somewhere else

Oh, btw the general tip to everybody, because it seems that (based on the questions of the last weeks) many people don't know, that configuration details of MIOS applications are either listed in main.asm (assembly based apps) or in readme.txt (C based apps)

Also the changelog.txt file mostly contains interesting informations

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 3 months later...

well, actually i'm trying to understand

how can i change the configuration for my display ???

i have a couple of lcd, one is a 2x16, the other is 2x40

i know that i should write somewhere to didplay 4 elements for the first and 10 for the second but...

i mean, i don't understand wich file i'm supposed to download, the source code

i have too many main.asm on my desktop and i'm going crazy

can somebody try to explain how it works?

i have to change the mios configuration?

from my mbsid?

from a particular file on my desktop?

and when the file is ready i just have to upload it by midi?

i feel so stupid and tired at the same time

try to think at me like a baby that needs to learn(and i'm learning...)

In the MBSID source code you've downloaded, there is a file calle main.asm. somewhere in that file is a line that says

#define CS_MENU_DISPLAYED_ITEMS 5

(if you're viewing it in windows notepad, hit ctrl-F to find the correct line). You need to change that line so it says 10 instead of 5, then compile and upload the source via midi.

i have a problem creating the file

when i try to make

i get this message:

Make: The target "C:\Documents and Settings\Matteo1\Desktop\mios\midibox_sid_v1_7a\main.o" is out of date.

Executing: "C:\Programmi\Microchip\MPASM Suite\MPAsmWin.exe" /q /p18F452 "main.asm" /l"main.lst" /e"main.err"

Error[173]  C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\MATTEO1\DESKTOP\MIOS\MIDIBOX_SID_V1_7A\MAIN.ASM 638 : Source file path exceeds 62 characters (C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\MATTEO1\DESKTOP\MIOS\MIDIBOX_SID_V1_7A\MAIN.ASM)

Error[173]  C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\MATTEO1\DESKTOP\MIOS\MIDIBOX_SID_V1_7A\MAIN.ASM 638 : Source file path exceeds 62 characters (C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTIN

what it means?

what it means?

Exactly what it says:

Error[173]  C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\MATTEO1\DESKTOP\MIOS\MIDIBOX_SID_V1_7A\MAIN.ASM 638 : Source file path exceeds 62 characters

C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\MATTEO1\DESKTOP\MIOS\MIDIBOX_SID_V1_7A\MAIN.ASM is more than 62 characters.

Move the hole MIDIBOX_SID_V1_A7 directory to the root directory (c:\).

Raphael

Hi guys, could a 4x20 display (standard hitachi interface) be used with the same trick? I mean would the text wrap around and would the 5 extra functions be listed on row 3 and 4?

I wired it up once, and when the bootstrap was active it displayed the famous blocks on rows 1 and 3. I hope this is possible! :-)

hey NLX,

it should work.. ive read that somewhere.. try it out.. it should probably work.. dunno if its that handy though..

Why wouldn't it be handy? I'll use 10 buttons too, and place them in 2 rows. (I already have the LCD, and would like to use more than just 2 of the 4 rows). Perhaps one row above and one below the LCD.

well i guess it would be handy in some cases.. if you get used to it, it'll probably be stoer.. i'd like to see how it would function..

however with the price of voti.nl his 40x2 lighted leds.. im choosing that one over the more expensive 20x4