who's Santa here, that i need to ask for my MidiboxSID?

Nick0

building it is the real fun. i've never soldered anything before this mbsid in my life. and now i've only got to finish my frontplate and it's done.

for all the questions about where to get SIDs, PCBs, ... - use the forum's search function. it's been discussed/explained a few times alredy.

i just would like to know if there's anyone from who i can order one

Hi Nick.

First you should read this thread. It answers the question why you can't buy a ready to use MIDIbox SID.

but my soldering skills... :P

To answer this, my favorite quote from a friend:

"Bypassing doing and learning is not the purpose of the midibox." - Moebius

and than i'd need to get the spare sids... any idea from where?

Locally: Swap meets, flea markets, thrift stores, pawn shops, depending on where you live even eBay auctions from others in your area.

Globally: eBay, but be prepared to ship a disk drive that you don't want or talk the seller into sending only what you want.  They also show up here for sale from time to time.

Remember there is one in each of the millions of old Commodore 64s that are still out there.

Time to practice your soldering skills, and know that this great (and patient with newbies) community is here if you run into trouble building your box.

Best!

SmashTV

i'm convinced... i'll build mine than :reluctant:

i'm very sorry, i know its frustrating having the noobs asking the sames questions over and over not giving use to the 'search', i'm going to give it some time now and to have a propper look around the all forum

though i just have a last question, that probably been answered already, but even so if someones on to give it the time to answer... a little more a little less, what is the cost of the full pack of components, not counting with the sids/c64, disk drives, games...?

many thanks

that totally depends on:

1. the tools you already have (soldering iron, PCB holders, all the accesories) - i had none and i've thrown like 150 euro just for that. you can do it much cheaper but i really recommend good soldering iron.

2. the buttons and knobs you chose - the prices can vary a big deal. others will tell you their prices cause i still haven't bought mine but judging from the samples i got from SIFAM i think i'll go with their knobs - they will cost me around 10UKP.

3. the front panel and the case - this can be the biggest expense, especially the frontpanel. you can order it from shaeffer but then it will cost you more than 100 euro. or you can do it yourself and learn a LOT of new things in the process :)

when i finish mine (though i won't be really finished cause i've a plan to stuff an MBSEQ and MBFM in the same box) my total expenses will probably be over 300 euro but mostly due to the tools. but i know i'll need them in the future - i'm already looking at the PAIA 9700 modular... ;)

building DIY synths is fantastic fun and it's totally changed my life. i know i will keep doing it till i die. my dream is a full-sized modular and i know i'll have it finished one day :)

and MIDIBOX introduced me to this  :D