MIDIbox of the Week (B4 Controller of Mark)

TK.

Here an extraordinary B4 controller made by Mark - he wrote:

Many thanks for your inspiration. I have attached some photos of my first project- a Native Instruments B4 Controller.

I took the drawbars from an old Super Continental II I have that is beyond restoration- some one left it put in the rain some years back when I had moved to France for a couple of years!! The case I built it into was an old valve radio of little value. Then I just cut and drilled the wood to suit its new contents. For aesthetics, I bored out the centre of one of the original valves and dropped in an amber LED for effect. I still have to get round to marking the function of the various knobs, so I have to learn to screen print.

All in all, I am over the moon with the result. It looks a bit like a restored special effect from a Flash Gordon movie. If I do contact extra terrestrials through it, you will be the first to know…..

Many Thanks for your inspiration. When I get a few quid, I will be donating to the superb and worthy cause,

mark1.jpg

mark2.jpg

mark3.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

That controller looks fabulous. I never tought it is not some industrial built machine. Really original look. Evry part of it is perfectly pick, knobs, switches... great. And where did you get those leavers at the bottom from??? To me it looks like it`s original Hammond leavers.

• 5 months later...

Ooops. Being letting my midibox visits slip. That is one of the few disadvantages of young kids!!

The drawbars are from a Kent buily vox continental, c. 1967. I had to totally strip and rebuild them as the carbon in the original slide pots was burnt out. I have since purchased Hammond drawbars on the web, and in January hope to midi-ize them, and put the results here. That will be quite interesting, as I have one set from an M series, and the other set from a H series. Totally different design on both, although I intend to crack the best way to do both.

Thanks for the comments.

MP ;D

• 1 year later...