MBSID V1: new release candidate(s)

TK.

I haven't seen the modulation display because I don't have an LED matrix, yet. 

Please tell me if I understand this correctly:

- This affects users with a multi-SID system

- The LED matrix shows LFO and ENV values

- If you switch your control surface to a different core, the LFO and ENV still show in the LED matrix for the first core?

If that's what's happening, I would like to agree with Rio and suggest that they should at least not be displayed when controlling a different SID.  I don't believe that the problem is that they would be "annoying", I would prefer to think of it as "distracting" or "misleading" because it looks like your modulation values are different than they actually are.

No, this is wrong.

The modulation matrix provides two different modes. In one mode, it shows the connections between the source and targets. This display is always correct, you can switch to a slave and you will see the connections made for the slaves.

Then there is a new feature which I've quickly implemented based on a suggestion from a user.

It shows the current (modulated) LFO and ENV values in realtime. You can see the waveforms sweeping! This is always a very nice attraction when you show the MBSID to your friends.

Of course, these sweeping values can only be known by the PIC at which the engine is running, therefore you can only see the master values

If you don't like this feature, just switch to the normal mode!

Best Regards, Thorsten.

I had an idea I thought would be quite useful...

Now, I'm not totally sure this feature doesen't already exist, but I'll shoot anyway.

My idea is to have an audition button (kinda like my E-MU E5000 Ultra has) that can be used to trigger a MIDI note. This way you can listen to and edit a patch without always needing a keyboard controller connected. This button could be in the main menu section labeled "AUD" for audition, of course! Also, if you could specify the particular note triggered that would be cool too. I'm not a programmer, but I would think this wouldn't be too involved a task for someone that is?

What do you guys think?

-tel3

With this new build:

http://www.ucapps.de/mios/midibox_sid_v1_7303b_rc6.zip

the constant time glide feature (E2P flag) can be used in combination with the arpeggiator

Note that since only one envelope is used for this feature (in MBSID V1, will be improved in MBSID V2), only the arpeggiator of voice 1 resets the envelope in order to avoid multiple triggers

Best Regards, Thorsten.