SmashTV not dead....... :)

smashtv

Hi all!

Sorry I have been AWOL over the last weeks......too much time working in the heat slowed me down quite a bit, then a sinus infection put me down for a few days....having had enough of that, it was time for a round of antibiotics.  Unfortunately after taking just one I learned the hard way that I am allergic to this particular one.....so more days in bed, so dizzy I could not even walk!  The worst was the full body rash+itch, now thats down to just a mild irritation, and I can walk again without locating the floor at high speed.  ;)

I'm doing a lot better without the doc's "help" by attempting to drink my weight in fluids every day, dosing on vitamins, high protein food, etc.

I'm happy to be alive at this point, but feeling bad because I let everyone who's waiting on an order or an answer down, and I can only imagine the amount of messages waiting that I have not seen.  I have a stack of orders packed that is waiting for a postal run I did not make, and more that need packed.  If you are waiting, know that I have not forgot and will be shipping as soon as possible.  Nothing is taking higher priority as I get my strength back, and I won't be doing any of the shows I had booked so I can properly recover. My partners and crew @ the production co. are the best, handling all of the tasks I am supposed to be there to do.

Refunds are available and easy if you are tired of waiting, and to everyone waiting thanks so much for your patience.

I'm off to dig through this huge stack of incoming parts boxes (can't even see my office floor!) and make up some kits.

Again thanks, and best regards

Tim aka SmashTV

Sinus infection? Nasty, hope you get well soon.

I don't know if there's an equivalent service in America (I'm sure there is tho), but most couriers in England will come out to your house/place of work if you set up an account, saves trooping to the post office every time, especially if you've come down with the lurgee.

Tim,

Glad to hear you are feeling better. I'm out here in the Palo Alto / Mountain View area and I noticed that there is some extermination company which seems to have a large logo / mascot similar to the icon / avatar you use. Is this the same, or were my eyes decieving me? I think it was on the back of a yellow truck or something.

-Steve

Tim,

Glad to hear you are feeling better. I'm out here in the Palo Alto / Mountain View area and I noticed that there is some extermination company which seems to have a large logo / mascot similar to the icon / avatar you use. Is this the same, or were my eyes decieving me? I think it was on the back of a yellow truck or something.

-Steve

Yeah I think its this one: http://www.west-ext.com/little_man.html

Good eye, That's the one!  ;)

Back in the less copyright-fixated, rather wild western days of the web, I snuck him in as a bullet point graphic on my long gone coinop site.  It was a trivia thing, a way to kick the guys reading my site into good memories mode, since in 1995 it had only been about a decade since they had seen it on massive backdrops used on a Van Halen tour and tour shirts.  :D

Somewhere on those California highways there is at least one place you can see him done in a massive neon sign, over the years quite a few have sent me pics or even video of "little man".  One of these days I'm sure I'll have to pick a different avatar, but I doubt I'll find anything that kicks the wayback machine for us 80's kids like this does.  ;)

Best

Smash

Just wanted to say that we are lucky that you are around to provide us "Midifiers" with good stuff that works great!  I just got my Seeburg MO piano/organ playing from MIDI data and recording from music rolls, using the stuff I bought from you over a year ago.

Bill McKeown

Somewhere on those California highways there is at least one place you can see him done in a massive neon sign, over the years quite a few have sent me pics or even video of "little man".  One of these days I'm sure I'll have to pick a different avatar, but I doubt I'll find anything that kicks the wayback machine for us 80's kids like this does.  ;)

I didn't see that, but I did see a 18' high (or so) statue of the guy, the mouse/rat, etc. It's along the 101 (I think?) somewhere between Palo Alto and the Millbrae BART station.

I just returned from that area this morning... Headed out to visit some friends, see the SRL performance at ZeroOne, etc.

Where abouts are you located?

-Steve

Somewhere on those California highways there is at least one place you can see him done in a massive neon sign.

If you where here back then in SoCal, that highway is the 405 freeway around Long Beach and Carson!!

I used to see their ads on the freeway back then on my way to my girlfriends house. All decked-out with a some what Flock of Seagulls haircut, a very skinny green neck tie and a sport jacket!! ;D ;D  Goooooo 80's..