what can the lcd's show?

matrigs

i'm currently getting together all parts for making my own midibox lc (at last !!)

but i wanted to know one thing before i get all parts (especially the lcd's):

so, i know that when the midibox lc is in logic control mode it shows all parameters like a "real" logic control.

but i thought - how can i use the lcd's when not using logic control emulation?

could i type in some text to have something similar like the korg control (pan, vol, send etc.) or use them just to type in channel names or else?

and the most important question - is it difficult to type in such things and save them as presets?

you can send to it any message - so you can see what you want.

what software would you like to use?

could i type in some text to have something similar like the korg control (pan, vol, send etc.) or use them just to type in channel names or else?

- yes of course

okay i'll try to be more accurate :D i hope my bad english will allow me to write something constructive...

so again - let's say that i have 8 push-potentiometers and 8 sliders and two 2x40 displays above them to use them with the feedback option of mackie control emulation in ableton live. i guess that i will always use mackie mode when using live actually.

now - i still want to use the lcd's somehow when i'm using for example fruity loops which hasn't any mackie emulation mode.

so i would want to make something that's very similar to the korg kontrol engine:

there should be a message "vol" on the lcd screen above each of the sliders, when i  turn one of the encoders, there should be written "pan" then "send" and so on.

of course the slider would have to change it's cc number every time i turn the encoder...

i would want to label every cc with another name that would be shown on the lcd above the several faders. the cc (and also the name) could be changed with a turn of the encoder - just like in the korg kontrol series....

You can edit the 128 lable names in lc_gpc_lables.inc

If you want to use MBLC as a more generic controller, you can just upload the setup_midibox_ng.hex file of the MIDIbox64E application - it allows onscreen editing, MIDI learn, different LED ring patterns, etc... but it doesn't get use of the large screen, since nobody has adapted the cs_m_display.inc file for two 2x40 displays (or graphical displays) yet

Best Regards, Thorsten.

thanks for this tk!

um now i really have to think twice about those lcd screens... do i really need them actually? hm.

as you are online another quick question - is it possible to make something i wrote above with the encoders changing the cc's of the faders? i saw some fancy encoders at my local store lately that clicks every time it changes it's parameter.

MIDIbox64E can do this since more than 5 years... I don't know for how long those "fancy controllers" exist?

Just assign a button to one of the following SFBs:

FF 08 40 | Select Parameter with encoder during button is pressed

FF 08 41 | Select Group with the first, Bank with the second, Patch with the third

| encoder during button is pressed

Best Regards, Thorsten.