stryd_one

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you!

But: you missed that I've changed the format a little in the meantime - the name of the scale (20 characters) is part of the table as well. Do you want to change this, or should I do the required modifications?

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Thanks again, Stryd! :)

You've included much more scales than really required, they consume a lot of memory. However, so long I haven't reached the max (there are still ca. 6k free) I will left the tables as it is.

General info: the user manual is 80% finished, a final release can be expected in the next days.

In addition to the new scale tables, it will also get a bugfix for the morphing function

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 2 weeks later...

Having been out of touch with the forum for the last few months, I have a couple of questions, that I don't know whether have been answered or not, in other threads. :-\

1) Can anyone tell me whether I can move up from the V2 PIC, to the V3 PIC (with appropriate software uploaded, of course) in the V2 motherboard?  (I haven't completed my V2 system yet, as I've been concentrating mainly, on building more modules for my modular synthesizer. ;) )

2) Also - could anyone tell me whether I could have more than 8 CVs and Gates from the V3?  My primary sequencing concern IS for CVs and Gates, as I eventually hope to have my modular synth large enough, to not need any other synthesizer equipment. ;)  (It's currently big enough for 3 voices, not including drum sounds.)

Thanks for any possible answers on both of these questions. :)  I hope to get my panel done soon as well - if all works as I hope, it'll be a panel that no-one has seen before.  ;) ;D

Ryk

http://www.sdiy.org/damian - my modular synthesizer's homepage

1) Yes but you need an IIC_MIDI module

2) (You're gonna want to sit down for this mate)

In addition to the 8 on the AOUT...

o added an option which allows to use up to 48 DOUT pins (6 Shift

Registers) as drum gates or triggers by sending events over AOUT channel #16

:o :o :o 56 trigger outs! :o :o :o

Download it and check out the changelog.txt search for 'AOUT', and check out the new page on ucapps.de, especially the kickass manual.

Hiya,

Don't know if its still supported, if you can easily get all the IC's, or if it can be integrated into the V3 system (I doubt it) but have you looked at the http://www.ucapps.de/mbhp_shx8.html page?

Please note that this module requires special support from the application which is not possible in all cases.

This is one of those cases :) I'm sure anything is possible with some hard work... I think in this case it would be very hard work.

When you go to V3, make sure you put in 4 IIC modules, it makes this machine a totally different beast - that is if you use midi too.. If not it wont really make much difference.

All the best,

John

Welcome back from rehab!!!

Don't know if its still supported

Yep

if you can easily get all the IC's

Nope :( I'm spewin that I didn't grab the last few mouser had now :(

or if it can be integrated into the V3 system (I doubt it)

Errr maybe ... I think TK has pushed the PIC to the limits of it's processing power this time, not just RAM :(

Nope :( I'm spewin that I didn't grab the last few mouser had now :(

Errr maybe ... I think TK has pushed the PIC to the limits of it's processing power this time, not just RAM :(

Thoughts on expansions.

The multiple sample/hold can be implemented in loads of ways - you could even use a bunch of LM398's and a decoder chip. The old chips were just easy to layout - but there are plently more variants.

On the thought of drum triggers. Don't just go wiring those PIC pins to your drum modules etc. There's enough voltage in any analogue synth to scorch a PIC. I know we're all pro's and never accidentally patch a drive line to an output, but but one tired evening it will get done, stopping the session cold. So; put in some buffer chips to protect the PIC or opto isolate the trigger outs. I like the opto version: it helps keep the background hash from the sequencer out of that delicate audio stuff too.

As an aside from this: it would be reasonably possible to opto the lines to a DOUT, ot to an A-->D, that way the triggers/ CV's would be on the synth power, not the Box, hopefully keeping the background noise down too. I'm talking about the SO SC and RC lines, by the way.

An idea anyway.

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

i'm not really sure, where i got a graphical error for LEDs, but i think it's so:

i've chain1234 the channels and setup channels to 1/32 (maybe different speeds for every channel) but mostly fast.. and i use experimental "progressive" mode... step forward: 3 back: 2 (or some similar option)

After a while one LED state is twisted at the end of track:

On that step the note isn't shown on LCD, but LED is burning. if i press then the GP button - the note is shown on LCD, but LED isn't burning...

LED and LCD visuals are twisted at this step.

...-> but it's not really worse.. cause could be a time critical behaviour..

After a while one LED state is twisted at the end of track:

...-> but it's not really worse.. cause could be a time critical behaviour..

It could be, but it might be a handshaking (part of the track chaining) problem related to the progression...

How long is "after a while"? Is there a pattern to it, or does this happen randomly?

I used to think the mpc had the best sequencer.  Now I'm really planning on selling it to build one of these.  Can't beat having cv/gates/midi/seq all in one.  I'm glad you are spending alot of time on this project recently.  Much appreciated.  There is no longer a reason to buy manufactured products anymore.  Just components.