Buttons with lcds built in!

Mr modnaR

• 2 weeks later...

I saw them some weeks ago...

there are so many possibilities to integrate them in a MidiBox.

Imagine a MB-SID where you don't have to use a button and six LEDs to choose the waveform but such a Display-Button...  :o

Do you know how much they cost?

... and,...do you know who could write some software to use them?  :)

matthias

Imagine a MB-SID where you don't have to use a button and six LEDs to choose the waveform

I didn't know you guys did that with the SIDs. I had the same dilemma with hi/lopass EQ filters. Some of the ones I want to control have about 15 different curves.

Sure would be nice (and expensive >:().

George

Me too... I think these are lower res though, which would save twinny some cash on bandwidth (just a guess)

I don't like

:) :D and  8)

should we ask him if he could change them again if there's no special reason why he changed them before?

-------

Back to the topic:

I've got the Idea of a MIOS-Studio-PlugIn where you've got a special editor to program those buttons.

1. Is this doable?

2. Who could do this?

matthias

Spiegel Online just reported that the keyboard announced using these types of buttons is priced $ 1200,-  :o

http://www.spiegel.de/netzwelt/web/0,1518,451643,00.html

at least, it's interesting that it should work also on a mac, as one can see in the gallery on this article:

http://www.spiegel.de/netzwelt/tech/0,1518,369949,00.html

The announced price once has been between $ 200,- and $ 300,-  ;D

Cheers!

Michael

hmm... I've got kind of a small TV lying around in my room... perhaps I could turn this into a button...

the only problem is that it's a real TV (Brown's tube, electromagnets, etc). It was in the thing you look into when filming with a Hi8 Camcorder  ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Just so you guys now know, I contacted the company, and got the pricing information for all of you who are/were interested in these parts.

The following is an excerpt from the information that they sent to me on the pricing of the LCD buttons.

Hope that this helps!

The LCD switches are intelligent and have a built in ASIC to drive the LCD
and LEDs.

The price is available for both Red-Green-Yellow type and Red-Green-Blue
type.
Also is whether you require 16x32 or 36x24 resolution. Anyway here is an
idea:

1-9	10-99	100			
LC16 (RGY 16x32)		$31	$29	$26
LC24 (RGY 36x24)		$32	$30	$27
RGB16 (RGB 16x32)		$36	$35	$32
RGB24 (RGB 36x24)		$37	$36	$33

Delivery by Parcel Post is around $25 to USA or about $65 by courier (you
can get a better price than this)

Best regards

Rick Sucher

They are less expensive in bulk... so if you guys want them cheaper, try to 'group' your orders.

I'd be interested to know how they will be programmed/interfaced with MIOS. Do you have to program them on a PC and then they remember the current picture? Or do they need to be connected like every other LCD?

In my eyes it would be interesting to have buttons on a midibox that have the ability to reflect the current behaviour (which can change)...

40 $ is really expensive ~20 $ sounds good if it can be used with MBHP without having to solder an extra Core for driving the buttons ;)

Cheers,

Michael

ohhh ... the datasheet  :-[

Thanks Moebius  :-*

If the LC24.2 is loaded with values other than the ones given in the tables in this data sheet, the display may be destroyed.

After reading the datasheet I think I'll stick to my normal 2 pin push buttons and be happy ...

IIC would have been fine, but serial...  :-\

Best regards everyone,

Michael