MIDIboxes of the Week (MBSID/MBFM/MBSEQ made by Artesia)

TK.

I think it is OK to ask that kind of question here.  I don`t read all "work in progress" blog posts and everything about individual cosmetic variations...  It wasn`t question about MIOS or application one could expect to find somewhere using search. As I get this should be the place for that kind of questions. Lots of people, when came to this forum for the first time go directly here,  so they can see what other people have done, say something nice and ask about parts used to build it.

You can check by yourself what is the search results for "artesia buttons"  ;)

Sorry I took so long to reply, my browser crashed, and this was one of 6 replies I lost :(

Yeh this is a fair place to ask, but if you look in the link at the top:

* upper row of grey buttons are diy ..Change of design from the render.. ...made by flattening the top of some plain grey buttons with a file, drilling a hole in the middle & gluing some reclaimed speckled plastic to the top ...results in a translucent button with a 'sweet spot' in the middle.. looks fun - will wire up for effect sometime soon...
My method of making the custom larger buttons seen here consisted of takling the generic standard grey MEC buttons (got a ton of them for pennys at a radio show).

drilling a 5mm hole in the middle with a drillstand, then filing the top flat & gluing on a slither of frosted perspex recovered from some of those frosted blank cds found in spindles of cds.

Then the button is pushed onto the head of a suitable sized bolt fixing & loaded into the drill as a drill bit would be. Then the keycap is spun in the drill against a coarse file & afew grades of sandpaper to grind it down to a perfectly rounded & smooth finish Smiley

That's also the 3rd from the bottom in the results for a search for posts from Artesia conatining the word "button".

The ones from the MBFM/MBSID hybrid are also mentioned in that thread, and there is a mention of pay_c having the original idea, and if you look for that, you'll also find my post about a good source for the tubing around the tacts.

Now, I could go away and find these things and post them, or artesia could answer the questions, but the answers are already there, just a little search away :) It has occurred to me that it does help to use the search engine in a certain way... Maybe a wiki tutorial with pictures is in order?

good idea i think tutorial is agood idea it can be a little difficult to find specifics sometimes for me even threads that i know exist because ive posted in them just seem to allude me sometimes

theres so much imformation on this site now days

and before you ask id need a tutorial in wiki before i could write a tutorial on it i still havent got the hang of it and keep coming to ucapps.de i dont know something familiar and reasurring about this site

kris

punctuation is for the weak I say hehehe ;D

You make good point though mate. Not only can dyslexia cause a lot of difficulties, but of course this is a community where there are people who are from countries where English is not the native language, so I should take the 'language barrier' into account when I make the tutorial.