What is this phenomenon ???

MTE

Hi dudes

I owned my 2nd Midistart2-Masterkeyboard and plugged it to my PC with normal Midiconnection (not USB)

Then I plugged a walltransformator with 9V/500mA, it works great...after a little time I plugged off the PSU and noticed, that the power LED is still on...

ok I thinked and grabbed the keys and it sends also NoteOns/Offs.....I was more surprised when I switched Off the Power-Button and the keyboard works also  :o

Is this normal  ???  ???  ???

Regards

MTE

There are two possibilities on this:

1) Your keyboard has some very big caps inside. How long can you play without power ?

I think, after a while the led is off, or not?

2) Your keyboards soaks power from the midi +5V. This would not be so good. But it would be possible.

greets

Doc

My evolution MK-7 mini keyboard does the same, it plugs into the PC joystick/midi port. I think it uses the joystick power common on the soundblaster input plug.

As a thought, I've just worked up a design for a stand alone box for it - so it will work as a midi keyboard without being plugged into the PC. Is it worth putting on this on line ?

Mike

The problem is....I have 2 identical Midistart2 Keyboards who only send at Midichannel 1 :( (you cant change it)

on my 3rd Keyboard (Yamaha SY-35) i can change the Channel...

So my Idea was 1 midistart to usb (ch1), 1 to my Motu (ch1)...the yamaha to motu (ch2)

rest of the equipment also to the Motu with upcoming channels so i dont need any Midiyoke-driver for the other external machines...

That is a nice IC, but having taken a look at it, I think it might be beyond my skill to use it :-[ Maybe for version 2 ;)

Although, a joystick port could be cool, I could make a simple circuit to switch it between joysticks and midi keyboards... Is that what you meant?