getting ready for v2.

matrigs

so - as far as i did understand it there have to be made no additional hardware changes in the cores to use those new PIC18F4685 chips to get ready for all new projects?

can there be used any other versions of the pic18Fxxx without limitations - i realised that the PIC18F4685 is not available in poland.

Hi,

The 4685 is only needed for MBSID V2. There are no changes to the core module for it.

There are a lot of different PIC18Fs. Of course, Microchip offers this variety for some reason, i.e. they all have different features, RAM/Flash sizes, integrated peripherals, number of pins etc. The MBSID needs the features of the 4685 (especially the CAN bus), so you can´t simply use another type. If you can´t buy 4685s in Poland, ask SmashTV or Doc, or try to get samples from Microchip.

Seppoman

Even if you search the forum for posts, the first hit for Doc (not doch or document*) is him signing off. It's the 9th hit.

Of course we all make mistakes but the moral of this story is: Search first, then ask :)

Or maybe it's: Ignore Doc at your peril  ;D