diy midi controler

fky

I'm absolutely the same opinion as David.

"read,read,read! and when you think you've read enough, then go and read it again!"

It's all there. If you want to build a working box, then you have to read.

And when you've read everything, you'll be able to answer 80% of your questions yourself.

Indeed! first you read.. then you ask...

but to give you a hint..

60 buttons and switches (with some led if it's possible)  --> 60 DIN inputs for buttons,  60 DOUT for corresponding led's

10 slider potentiometer    --> 10 AIN  (analogue inputs)

40 rotary potentiometer    --> 40 AIN (I assume you mean oldskool pots and not rotary encoders, because rotary's need DIN's)

--> so you need a total of 50 ain's 

Hope this give you a kickstart...  and now... READ.. READ.... there's enough info on the site aswell as the forum and wiki!

grtz,

Liinnerd

so tell me what card(s) i need.

... the next noob may ask:

and please be so kind and build it for me, test it, and send it to me for free ....

It's a DIY site!

If you ask for help ... you'll get it

If you want us to do your work ... we'll deny it.

;) ;)

Doc

ummm,

let's not unload too many of our pent-up frustrations on fky, we don't want to scare him!

Fky - we're actually quite a friendly bunch - honest....

also, some-what belatedly - welcome to the board. I think you've got the vibe here - lots of help to those who help themselves.

nice one liinnerd - looks like you've been doing your homework :)

hi fky

welcome to the board...

let s put it like that ... you go to a club with your brand new MB and spin some nice tunes, you spot a nice girl dancing your music, then you go for a drink and meet her, what would you say assuming you like her?

"hey you would you f++k with me tonight?"

naaaa

(well it actually works sometime but quite seldom...)

cheers

yes david i did my homework.. maybe more people should do that before asking questions.

I started building my midibox about a year ago and before I started, I just read all the information on the website

and of course the forum (which is a great source of information)

FKY> By just reading the docs about the core and modules on the website it should'nt be to difficult to understand

how everything works and is interconnected. And if that does'nt help you that you can do a search on the forum.

But I understand that somethimes it can be very confusing on which modules to use. So the great flexibility is maybe

also it's downside for the mdibox... but hey! i you can't manage that maybe you should go and buy a controller in the shop (maybe cheaper to)

But for those who want an true ass kickin' midi machine...    MidiBox is the thing for YOU!

And the folks here on the forum are glad to help you, just as long as you show a little initiative yourself!.

Good Luck with your box!

Grtz,

Liinnerd