Sasha

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT THE UPCOMING BULK ORDER

From the responses here it is obvious that a carton of 60 LCDs is not sufficient for all the people who want LCDs.  As it is I want 6 for myself, so that leaves 54 LCDs while there appears to be demand for well over 120!

Before I saw the LCDs, I was concerned that they could have issues - after all, this is a fire sale of sorts, and I tend to trust nobody.  So I pulled out each LCD from the carton and tested it on a Core module (in 8-bit), to confirm that the MIOS copyright notice displays properly.  I also tested the backlights. I am pleased to report that every display works, and they look great!  (Don't worry, I didn't solder any of the LCDs other than one of my own).  So I'm now a bit more confident that these displays will be suitable.

I paid my friend's gas to bring the displays to me from Detroit.  Because of that, and wire transfer charges from my bank, etc., each display is currently waiting to be sold for approximately $4.50 USD plus shipping.  (The shipping charge will be the same as Altitude's recent group buy of Crystalfontz LCDs for MB-6582, except for Canada, which will be a bit cheaper.)

I have decided to purchase the remaining stock of 40x2 LCDs from Optrex.  I will be wiring them the money on Monday.  I will then test all of them (that should take about an evening).  This will lower the price of each LCD a little, because the shipping for a far larger quantity will be divided among two shipments.  I think each will sell for about $4.

I will run the bulk order (as such) for one week, starting on approximately Sep. 24.  After that week, I will likely still have some LCDs kicking around, so I will continue to offer them for a good price through the Flea Market Forum and/or eBay, but by marking up the price to something a little more reasonable (probably 9 bucks each), they will still be a bargain, and I will be compensated for my time.

To summarize:  I will start accepting orders in about a week.  There will be more than enough to go around.  And even if you don't have the money / inclination to participate in this as a "bulk order", you can still buy from my remaining stock while supplies last (I hope to unload 'em within a month or two).

For a little video of me testing three of the LCDs, go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGqs9yKaoew.  Here are a couple of pics of the displays:

60LCDs_thumb.jpg

SoloLCD_thumb.jpg

1579_60LCDs_jpgfb48a15e7a416ed24d89af9ff

1581_SoloLCD_jpg59bebb4515cd504d4a9dfb5c

cool track playing in the video. is that the kind of stuff you make ?

will monitor this thread

thanks

shane

Hi Shane, I have created a few pieces that are classifiable into that dark psytrance / psy-tek / whatever-ya-wanna-call-it genre.  That style is certainly an influence in my current work, but it also draws from other contemporary electronic dance styles (techno, breaks, electro). Details of the song are in the YouTube description.  It appears on an amazing 2006 compilation album called "The Lurker".