Is the C128 and C64C case the same?

lief138

Hi Folks, I just found a C128 at a yard sale this weekend. It and all the other crap (2 disk drives, printer and piles of software) were had by me for a wonder $5. The C128 and 4 cast iron pans cost me $10, not bad :)

Anyways, I understand that I might have a 8580 in there, or perhaps not. What I really wanted to know as I have shoved this box in my closet for later investigation, is the C128 and C64C cases exactly the same??? They look the same at a quick glance, but I am wondering if they are identical? Does any one know?

Thanks, Lief

... I'm no Commodore expert. But as much as I remember when I was kid, it didn't look the same... not even close.  ???

Greets, Roger

Just so were clear, Im refering to the C64C case (not the old brown C64 case) with the 8580 in it, which i know is in the thinner case, Im just not sure if its identical.

:)

Lief

To my knowledge most, if not all, Commodore 128 computers have a 6581 in them.  You'll find an 8580 in the later Commodore 128D.

I think I would have difficulty dissecting a beautiful and rare 128D for a SID chip.

Well I dont think this is a 128D and even a lowly 6581 is woth the 5 dollars paid. I dont mind admitting "im a butcher" the case would be pretty unsafe wither way :)

Lief