Mackie Control Logic Control???Big Question

jeroddumas

If you have a CM Motormix at hand and have two MIDI monitors (like a PC with two free MIDI ports and two instances of MidiOx software, or two PIC-MIDI monitors from Thorsten with large enough displays) then you could monitor the MIDI signals going to and fro' the controller box. It should be fairly easy to decipher the protocol then. It's just MIDI, anyhow...

Regards, ilmenator

If you have a CM Motormix at hand and have two MIDI monitors (like a PC with two free MIDI ports and two instances of MidiOx software, or two PIC-MIDI monitors from Thorsten with large enough displays) then you could monitor the MIDI signals going to and fro' the controller box. It should be fairly easy to decipher the protocol then. It's just MIDI, anyhow...

Regards, ilmenator

Well I think I have figured some of the Protocol out for the HUI surface.  It seems as though motorfader positions are sent using 2 corresponding CC.  Example:  for fader one Midi Ox shows.

b0 00 position

b0 20 position

Is there anyway to program this into MIOS.  If so Thorston could you please post an example.  I haven't pounded together my MB yet, but I would really like to know if this is possible.  Also is there anyway to make this work with Vmidibox.   :-/ :-/??  The final thing that I have noticed is that HUI interface sends a note on message constantly for the computer to respond to.  That should be no problem for the MIOS code correct??  I'm a programming dummy, but a fast learner, so with a few examples i think i could figure this thing out.  The buttons also send two events.  Haven't got that far yet though as I am cheating this thing without the control surface.

Well I think I have figured some of the Protocol out for the HUI surface.  It seems as though motorfader positions are sent using 2 corresponding CC.  Example:  for fader one Midi Ox shows.

b0 00 position

b0 20 position

Is there anyway to program this into MIOS.  If so Thorston could you please post an example.  I haven't pounded together my MB yet, but I would really like to know if this is possible.  Also is there anyway to make this work with Vmidibox.   :-/ :-/??  The final thing that I have noticed is that HUI interface sends a note on message constantly for the computer to respond to.  That should be no problem for the MIOS code correct??  I'm a programming dummy, but a fast learner, so with a few examples i think i could figure this thing out.  The buttons also send two events.  Haven't got that far yet though as I am cheating this thing without the control surface.

Hi,

I would like to integrate a HUI option into the MIDIbox LC, but before I begin with the implementation please give me a list of all controllers - I don't own pro tools.

If you would like to experiement, you could change the USER_AIN_NotifyChange function (-> lc_mf.inc) in the following way:

after "call MIOS_MIDI_BeginStream" write:

;; for MIDIbox Link: notify begin of stream
      call      MIOS_MIDI_BeginStream

;; finally send value: B0 00+<fader> LSB 20+<fader> MSB
      movlw      0xb0
      call      MIOS_MIDI_TxBufferPut

movlw      0x00
      addwf      LC_FADER_NUMBER, W

movf      LC_FADER_POS_L, W

movlw      0x20

movf      LC_FADER_POS_H, W

;; for MIDIbox Link: notify end of stream
      call      MIOS_MIDI_EndStream

;; thats all
      return

Best Regards, Thorsten.

P.S.: the second 0xb0 has not to be sent by the MIDIbox, it will be inserted automatically by the MIDI receiver - keyword: "running mode"

Hi,

I would like to integrate a HUI option into the MIDIbox LC, but before I begin with the implementation please give me a list of all controllers - I don't own pro tools.

If you would like to experiement, you could change the USER_AIN_NotifyChange function (-> lc_mf.inc) in the following way:

after "call MIOS_MIDI_BeginStream" write:

;; for MIDIbox Link: notify begin of stream
      call      MIOS_MIDI_BeginStream

;; finally send value: B0 00+<fader> LSB 20+<fader> MSB
      movlw      0xb0

movlw      0x00

movf      LC_FADER_POS_L, W

movlw      0x20

movf      LC_FADER_POS_H, W

;; for MIDIbox Link: notify end of stream
      call      MIOS_MIDI_EndStream

;; thats all
      return

Best Regards, Thorsten.

P.S.: the second 0xb0 has not to be sent by the MIDIbox, it will be inserted automatically by the MIDI receiver - keyword: "running mode"

Actually I'm trying to get all of the controllers together to send to you.  I am gonna try to get a HUI unit from the local music store for "testing" ;D ;DThis way I can run through midi-ox and get all of the controllers for all of the functions.  I can get the controllers from pro tools and send them to you, but this will not cover shifting banks and so forth.  Maybe there is someone else in the forum who can give a hand with this.  I will try and get the contrills that i can get to you by the end of this week.  Thanks for the help Thorston.  This is one great site.  So i guess there is no way to test this with Vmidibox until I pound together my LC ???

Actually I'm trying to get all of the controllers together to send to you.  I am gonna try to get a HUI unit from the local music store for "testing" ;D ;DThis way I can run through midi-ox and get all of the controllers for all of the functions.  I can get the controllers from pro tools and send them to you, but this will not cover shifting banks and so forth.  Maybe there is someone else in the forum who can give a hand with this.  I will try and get the contrills that i can get to you by the end of this week.  Thanks for the help Thorston.  This is one great site.  So i guess there is no way to test this with Vmidibox until I pound together my LC ???