Amazing news & infos !!!

mF_freak

Wow sly, nice edit job on your message! I did not realize you could post something then go back and change it if a reply to it made you look stupid!

I would still like to know what I should "go back and check" ;)

I really don't think I deserve a scolding on DIY, Some of my stage lighting gear, all of my controllers, my CNC, and other projects of mine might get offended if they thought that I built them just to save some cash.

My reply to your message was just intended to be informative, nothing more, and it still seems like a lot of work TO ME for something like that when I could spend that tinker time doing something else.  I guess I have to save a little of my DIY time for some innovation to keep it fun, I have learned about all I can from tacking DAC's to a board then running pre-written code/drivers to play with them.  But that's just me.  The learning that can come from building the USB interface (it is interface, not DAC, right?) is what many people need to round out their knowledge of electronics.

If you are not sly and are reading this wondering why I would respond in this way, it is because sly has taken the liberty of editing the message that I replied to so much as to change the whole idea of the it.  Something you won't see me do, and yes it has me kinda pissed.

Feel free to flame away if you need to, but please do it via IM or email, let's keep the KiDDiE stuff out of the forums.

Smash

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mmmmmmm

Dis forum has been heading down a not so nice path lately

Time everyone chilled out a bit

If you dont like someones suggestion or idea just dont reply? (if you cant be constructive)

or else this forum will go the way of all the other web boards

peace brothers (and sisters!)

Dats my 2cents ::)

mmmmmmm

Dis forum has been heading down a not so nice path lately

Time everyone chilled out a bit

If you dont like someones suggestion or idea just dont reply? (if you cant be constructive)

or else this forum will go the way of all the other web boards

peace brothers (and sisters!)

Dats my 2cents ::)

« Last Edit: 21. May 2003 at 20:16 by Sly »

it is because sly has taken the liberty of editing the message that I replied to so much as to change the whole idea of the it.  Something you won't see me do, and yes it has me kinda pissed.

Smash

So Sly modify his message at 20:16 and you post at 21:46 ...

So you answer to his modified mess. ... i cannot see where is the problem ???

I'll add ...

This is the COOLEST forum on the whole planet ...

keep it like that !angel.gif

« Last Edit: 21. May 2003 at 20:16 by Sly »

it is because sly has taken the liberty of editing the message that I replied to so much as to change the whole idea of the it.  Something you won't see me do, and yes it has me kinda pissed.

Smash

So Sly modify his message at 20:16 and you post at 21:46 ...

So you answer to his modified mess. ... i cannot see where is the problem ???

I'll add ...

This is the COOLEST forum on the whole planet ...

keep it like that !angel.gif

Guest the_Swede

I agree - this forum has until just recently been a beacon in the forum darkness, where name-calling and profanity seem to hold an endless sway. I think the selfless efforts and general goodwill of TK deserve a flame-free forum.

Guest the_Swede

I agree - this forum has until just recently been a beacon in the forum darkness, where name-calling and profanity seem to hold an endless sway. I think the selfless efforts and general goodwill of TK deserve a flame-free forum.

Smash, seen u mentioned dacs there - just wondering if you knew anything on the adc front? I posted this in the misc forum a while back...

http://www.midibox.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=misc;action=display;num=1048154479

...if you've any pointers - it'd be appreciated...

Best...

Dan

Heya Dan!

The stuff I did involving ADC is so ancient now that the chips I used from Burr-Brown (now TI) are obsolete.  It was no fun back then, multiple voltages, external refs, etc. and that's all internal these days.  Doing it with today's technology I would be looking at the WM8738 from Wolfson http://www.wolfsonmicro.com/.  It should easily do the left justified data stream that the Alesis chip will be expecting and has great specs for the price.  If memory serves Maxim makes some IC's that would be perfect when paired with a decent microcontroller for controlling the flow of things.

BTW: Gilles the post I was talking about was before the one you quoted, the original message is gone/edited now.

I'm sorry for lowering the level of the forum to this.  Fine.  I'm the bad guy.  That said I won't be told to go back and pay attention to something, reply with a question, then have the statement  retracted like it never happened.  A simple "whoops" has a lot more credibility than any word followed by I did not say that.

Should I assume in the future that everyone here knows exactly what they are doing and would not like any alternatives presented?  Cool, just let me know.  

Little scrapes like this happen when people type something that they probably would not say to someone face to face.  

It's not what was said that gets to me, it is editing after the fact.

Consider me chilled  ;)

Smash

Smash, seen u mentioned dacs there - just wondering if you knew anything on the adc front? I posted this in the misc forum a while back...

http://www.midibox.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=misc;action=display;num=1048154479

...if you've any pointers - it'd be appreciated...

Best...

Dan

Heya Dan!

The stuff I did involving ADC is so ancient now that the chips I used from Burr-Brown (now TI) are obsolete.  It was no fun back then, multiple voltages, external refs, etc. and that's all internal these days.  Doing it with today's technology I would be looking at the WM8738 from Wolfson http://www.wolfsonmicro.com/.  It should easily do the left justified data stream that the Alesis chip will be expecting and has great specs for the price.  If memory serves Maxim makes some IC's that would be perfect when paired with a decent microcontroller for controlling the flow of things.

BTW: Gilles the post I was talking about was before the one you quoted, the original message is gone/edited now.

I'm sorry for lowering the level of the forum to this.  Fine.  I'm the bad guy.  That said I won't be told to go back and pay attention to something, reply with a question, then have the statement  retracted like it never happened.  A simple "whoops" has a lot more credibility than any word followed by I did not say that.

Should I assume in the future that everyone here knows exactly what they are doing and would not like any alternatives presented?  Cool, just let me know.  

Little scrapes like this happen when people type something that they probably would not say to someone face to face.  

It's not what was said that gets to me, it is editing after the fact.

Consider me chilled  ;)

Smash

lol smashtv!

I am just editing my messages because i am german and correcting my bad english (while i am editing) when i try to write fast. If you check my messages, i nearly edit all my messages, but maybe i should read it first 3 times before i post it.  ;)

Anyway, i didn't know that someone will come with such an unbelievable idea that editing messages will avoid me from looking stupid. Mate, just stop bitchin' around please and don't feel me regret because i just wanted to share news with people. I will ignore your future posts.

**** the end ****

I will scan today the pages, and give those people who messages me.

@alienspice: Great job mate! Less pages to scan now  :)

Regards

lol smashtv!

I am just editing my messages because i am german and correcting my bad english (while i am editing) when i try to write fast. If you check my messages, i nearly edit all my messages, but maybe i should read it first 3 times before i post it.  ;)

Anyway, i didn't know that someone will come with such an unbelievable idea that editing messages will avoid me from looking stupid. Mate, just stop bitchin' around please and don't feel me regret because i just wanted to share news with people. I will ignore your future posts.

**** the end ****

I will scan today the pages, and give those people who messages me.

@alienspice: Great job mate! Less pages to scan now  :)

Regards

lol smashtv!

**** the end ****

Please don't ignore my apology to you!  Had I stopped for a microsecond and realized that what I was up in arms about was only there for less than 5 minutes, and was being edited as I read it, I could have saved myself from looking like a hot headed idiot.  I am truly sorry, and there is no defense for my actions.  Let the record show that I am the only one looking stupid here.  

Also I have no ill will towards anything DIY brought to the attention of this forum.  Anything you can build yourself that serves a purpose (even just learning) is worth doing.

I should have chosen my words more carefully, I did not intend for it to sound like I was going after you or the USB project.  

It's getting hard to type with my foot in my mouth, I'll shut up now.

:-X

Smash  

lol smashtv!

**** the end ****

Please don't ignore my apology to you!  Had I stopped for a microsecond and realized that what I was up in arms about was only there for less than 5 minutes, and was being edited as I read it, I could have saved myself from looking like a hot headed idiot.  I am truly sorry, and there is no defense for my actions.  Let the record show that I am the only one looking stupid here.  

Also I have no ill will towards anything DIY brought to the attention of this forum.  Anything you can build yourself that serves a purpose (even just learning) is worth doing.

I should have chosen my words more carefully, I did not intend for it to sound like I was going after you or the USB project.  

It's getting hard to type with my foot in my mouth, I'll shut up now.

:-X

Smash  

Apology accepted.

I am happy that we found finally a nice harmony again. I now feel sorry because of my heat in my past posts too. So please apology if i did spend some wrong words to you.

Let's keep the wonderful spirit of DIY products and Thorstens amazing projects alive.

Peace

Apology accepted.

I am happy that we found finally a nice harmony again. I now feel sorry because of my heat in my past posts too. So please apology if i did spend some wrong words to you.

Let's keep the wonderful spirit of DIY products and Thorstens amazing projects alive.

Peace