Exchange PIC18F452 and PIC18F4620 and 24LC512

xarolium

Not trying to imply anything here, but that kinda sounds like "I sampled a bunch of stuff and would like other things that would actually cost me money for it"

... yep, could be!... and?... problem? - Don't wanna trade?

Sorry, but sometimes I ask myself: Are we baby-sitting here?

I just wait for the moment when an answer to such a posting is: "I bet you didn't pay for those parts with your money but with your parents' and now you wanna trade them against the hard currenzy - other parts!" ;D

Greets, Roger

I very like your answer you re so nice  ;) ;)

But you know if i want to make money with my SAMPLE part, i put it on ebay.

And i exchange the PIC with the mios for people how can't burn it.

And i exchange it with what you want to make a midi box, like push switch, led...

Can be that I shall have had to put them on Ebay it shall have avoided this answer definitely gratifying.

I like very much the way they are received, it is great nice

thank you

xarolium: Don't be offended by me stating my point of view. I'm not attacking you in any, I'm just saying I don't really like that type of behaviour. If you were to introduce a new idea in the programming section and I'd say I don't like the approach you wouldn't be offended either, would you?

EDIT: Besides: Selling the samples on ebay violates the terms and conditions of microchip and is hence illegal.

I am personally offended by this. Only speaking for myself here, this is my own opinion not any official statement of any kind.

Because you can is a pretty poor excuse....This is like ignoring the "take one" sign on the candy bowl, just because nobody is watching.

Read the terms of use when you request samples, and understand that Microchip sees this community as bottom-feeders.  You think they don't get the picture when people are always ordering the same sample combinations? 

Realize that this same combination of parts has been sampled thousands of times, and rarely by anyone but MIDIbox builders.  They are just being polite (and stupid) by shipping these requests, while the competition produces comparable parts at half the street price.  I hit a brick wall trying to negotiate preferential pricing on large quantities because they know what I buy does not fund what they give away.  :(

Counting sampled vs. bought tells them what a product lifespan should be....When sampled to bought ratio is wrong, time to quit making that part in favor of something profitable.  Think about this equation for a minute....The bean counters watching the profitability of the multi-million dollar chip fab lines certainly are.

These guys are nice enough to keep making DIP parts in a surface mount world.  Rather than rewarding them for that you take more than you need - because you can?

Common law in most countries treats a trade for anything of value the same as a sale.  A few weasel words will not change this.

i don't want to make money but just be a help for the newbie or for guy who don't have a pIC programmer
Then your words have betrayed your concept, try "Free to a good home, you pay shipping" instead of a trade offer.

All that said, time for a reminder: Like always for years now, I'll burn any of the usual chips for anyone with the usual firmware for free, regardless of source.  No trade needed, but you pay shipping.

PS: Screaming Rabbit: Maybe babysitter, but Microchip clued me for free (sample clue) so I am passing that on like a good community member with an opinion.  ;)

SmashTV

Oh damn I wrote this big long reply and lost it.

Look the short version is:

You lie to microchip and then you hide the truth from midiboxers, so that you can find a way to get someone else to pay for your gear.

If you think that sounds cool..... Well........

My statement wasn't meant for what I personally think about "ripping" off Microchip or any other manufacturer at all.

What I meant with Babysitting was... I can think for myself and I think/hope, most of us can.

What makes me sick is, that after the first posting nobody was able to know about those are samples or not. That's why I wrote "yes, could be...".

Why have people always to be convicted from people of which it isn't of their business? (I remember another similar episode).

Yes, if I would have samples left over, I would give them away for free too (you know me Smash). The thing is, that he already received the samples from Microchip, no matter if he's trading the chips or if he gives them away for free now.

My statement in clearer words: Let me decide for myself about I wanna trade and about I wanna trade against samples or not... I don't need a babysitter.  ;)

Greets, Roger

My statement in clearer words: Let me decide for myself about I wanna trade and about I wanna trade against samples or not... I don't need a babysitter.  ;)

Right I get ya bud, and I agree!

Again my post was pure one guy opinion, not moderator view etc., and I did not tone up until I read these are samples and not bought.

i will delete this topic tomorrow
Please don't, this thread helps the next guy!

Your argument persuaded me to not exchange my part

i don't want any problem with the midibox community

i hope you excuse myself

Please don't let my rant spook you...Living in the US has me surrounded by people eternally questing for the free lunch, so much they can't get anything real done.  I get way too pointy when I see anything that looks similar here in MIDIbox land.  ;)

Best Regards

SmashTV