Re: SID 6581's for sale (8 pieces) and spare Styroflex caps

SLP

now that's strange  ::)

BL V2.0?  ::)

Yes because someone who signs up and then immediately posts is a scammer!

A lot of people (myself included) tend to lurk a forum for a while until they want to actually post.

Didn't someone who posted a little while ago about making his own pcbs get a similar reaction?

Can't we be a friendly and welcoming community?

thx 2 bl

I think, we didnt have questions, ideas, thoughts, whatever to this direction before he stole peoples work. It's just bewareness, nothin more. 1 of 50 newbies are coing over here and don't need to ask anything. They just present their running box with minor problems. But that 1 must be a very well known electronics and midi geek or he was here already and dont want to be "seen".

greetz

I think, we didnt have questions, ideas, thoughts, whatever to this direction before he stole peoples work. It's just bewareness, nothin more. 1 of 50 newbies are coing over here and don't need to ask anything. They just present their running box with minor problems. But that 1 must be a very well known electronics and midi geek or he was here already and dont want to be "seen".

I don't understand the second half of your post - what has this to do with "trying to hide by not posting???" My first post on midibox org was a week after my MBSID was fully working and making noises?

Rutgerv offers 8 SIDs which Chewi wants to buy, what's suspicious about that. Take a look at some bulk order pages of Wilba's bulk orders. There are people even buying 24 SIDs from him and nobody comes to strange conclusions by that. Since 2.0, the number of needed SIDs per project again doubled. What's making this transaction different?

I think it's not beneficial to the midibox spirit if every newbie is seen with suspicion and "welcomed" with negative accusations. This behaviour is poisoning the otherwise friendly spirit of this community, so please just stop speculating wildly in public. If you've got a reason to think someone doesn't act right, just inform one of the moderators. If you don't, please keep this negativity to yourself.

S

There's absolutely nothing strange about someone with 1 post wanting to buy 6581 SIDs, in fact, it's more often the case (and very rational) that someone new to MIDIbox SID will want to get some SIDs before they start a MIDIbox SID, especially 6581 SIDs which are rarer and which I do don't sell by the hundreds every few months ;)

Chewi is probably confused by all the attention; perhaps SLP would like to explain and apologize?

well,... it could be that I overreacted a bit... :-[  I'm just a bit sceptical about persons like Chewi.

Why? because of this guy that called himself "BlueLantern". He sold midiboxes for profit on ebay, what is forbidden because it's TKs (Thorsten Klose, the "inventor" of midibox) IP, and because it's open source.

I'm sorry If you felt offended by me, that was not intentioned, But this was the first thought that came in my mind when I  saw your post.

The probability that you want to sell MBs is quite small, so I think it would be appropriate for me to say:

Sorry for the inconvenience and have fun building your MB_SID.

Didn't someone who posted a little while ago about making his own pcbs get a similar reaction?

Quite the same, actually.

Or maybe he just didn't see a reason so far for posting...

There could by myriads of reasons for someone reading for a time and not post.

I don't see a problem there, but then again I can understand that some concerns after the "bl incident" remain.

What I don't think is, suspicion and mistrust can't be the answer. They poison a good community around a lot of really great projects from the inside, and repel those who may be called "newbies".

I for my part didn't take the offence personally in that case, I knew what was going on and so I clarified things and for good. Btw, my box is still in the works, and the promised dimensions of the boards will make their way to the threat eventually, just haven't yet accurately enough measured them, and I will not post inaccurate information, as other people certainly will rely on it.