Is there TAP button on MBSEQ v3?

Djo

Just wondering is there a tap button, so i could sync sequences to the drummer's tempo? I haven't built one yet, but i want to know as much as i can before making one. I'm clicking button four times (for each beat), and choose between 4/4 and 3/4, and my tempo matches drummer's. The next click tunes the tempo further more (i really like the behavour of Traktor DJ Studio tap button). Just let me know if its there.

Hi Thorsten,

I really thrilled about this possible feature. I have to ask a question about the new platform.

Will it be possible to run mb seq v3 and the mb 808 from the same hardware? I mean a switch to use the mb seq and mb 808 from the same hardware surface but from two different core sets.

this would consolidate 2 interfaces into 1 for me.

Regards,

Rm45

Will it be possible to run mb seq v3 and the mb 808 from the same hardware?

I mean a switch to use the mb seq and mb 808 from the same hardware surface but from two different core sets.

Theoretically this is possible by switching the four data lines of the SRIO chain (RC/SC/DI/DO, Vss and Vdd can be shared between the core modules), because they are "hot-pluggable". So, you could use the same encoders, buttons and LEDs for both cores.

Sharing a LCD is not so easy, on the other hand you could left it out for MB808, or you could connect a small 2x16 LCD to the MB808 core (which makes sense for people who prefer a direct visual feedback when handling menu pages - like me)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hi Thorsten,

Thanks for the info. I thought of using an electronic switch, like The DG409, with a hardwired switch to the front panel to toggle between the two.

I am building a motherboard to house the MB Seq and the MB 808 in one interface. I will add the 2 x 16 display to the front panel design.

Are there any other encoders or buttons needed for this display which should be added to help with navigation?

I am thinking of doing the Duo LED option like your expander box.

Regards,

RM45

Are there any other encoders or buttons needed for this display which should be added to help with navigation?

Fortunately not - the menu handling doesn't require navigation buttons. Pages are selected directly via ALT+<gp button> and EDIT/SONG/PATTERN/MUTE buttons

Best Regards, Thorsten.