All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Today
  2. Assign J5a/b core ports in .NGC

Hi, i'd like to continue working on my keyboard controller project. Is there absolutely no way to set up the J5 ports as individual digital IO's in ngc? I'd like to avoid a cumbersome solution modifing the source code. If there is no easy way, then so be it.   May i ask if it's possible to simply do the following? I want to setup J5a to have 2 digital ins and two digital outs. // init pin 0 and 1 as digital ins (for tact switches) MIOS32_BOARD_J5_PinInit(0, MIOS32_BOARD_PIN_MODE_INPUT_PU); MIOS32_BOARD_J5_PinInit(1, MIOS32_BOARD_PIN_MODE_INPUT_PU); // init pin 2 and 3 as digital outs (for LEDs) MIOS32_BOARD_J5_PinInit(2, MIOS32_BOARD_PIN_MODE_OUTPUT_PP); MIOS32_BOARD_J5_PinInit(3, MIOS32_BOARD_PIN_MODE_OUTPUT_PP); I assume i'd then have J5a:A0..A1 configured as INs and J5a:A2..A3 as OUTs, right?   Thank you very much!  
  3. Yesterday
  4. MIDIbox SEQ V4 Release + Feedback

hi Everybody during some time now spend with my seq4 ,few times i got in situation when for example track 1 LFO was controlling cc21(filter cut off), and time it took to me to figure out "why is my damn filter cut off on track 1 is moving!?" and it made me think that it could be great to have some indication of it ,preferably in EDIT page   now looking on the lcd screens they already pretty packed with vital informations so my proposal is in EDIT page, instead of CATEGORY ,to use 8 lcd characters (counting from top most rightside of right screen) this way there is still one space from NOTE LENGTH   to indicate for example,ECHO(ON/OFF),HUMANIZER(ON if one of parameter is different then 0(note,vel/cc,length)),ROBO(ON/OFF), LIMITER(if Lower/Upper is different than 0),LFO(ON if wave type is different then 0),DUPLICATE(ON/OFF),MORPH(ON/OFF),SHUFFLE STYLE(ON if style different then 0)   my idea was to indicate with lower (if OFF),and upper(if ON) cases of first letters of each effect ,ECHO=E,e ,Humanizer=H,h and so on i feel this can save a lot of time running around here little example letters are not exactly in place,but just to visualise   thanks for your time bests.k    
  5. Adding Faders to MBSeqv4

Ok, as usual, I was able to answer some of my questions. I see that there is a 3rd MIDI In/Out option for the Seq. And I assume I would use MidiBox NG. How do I make them talk together?
  6. Adding Faders to MBSeqv4

Hey guys,  I have a spare core board, and I would like to add 16 10k faders to my MBSeq Ver 4+ to control the note steps using an AIN board. What software would I load on the core, and what are my options for connecting it to my MBSeq core? Is there a way to do it through ethernet, so I don't lose a midi in on the Seq?  Thanks, Justin
  7. One MB-6582, One Power Supply: a Tutorial

good place to start thinking anyway. I think I need a good look at the schematic to understand why that would help.....
  8. One MB-6582, One Power Supply: a Tutorial

Seems to me the bridge rectifier could be added back in without any issue, if that’s what causes the problem?
  9. Last week
  10. One MB-6582, One Power Supply: a Tutorial

ah, thanks -  well that's useful to know that it is possibly just a consequence of this set up rather than something I connected I shouldn't have. When I get the chance will try and trace why it happens, but it at least seems to be a reasonably trivial issue so far.
  11. Adding CS-line to AINSER8

Hey @TK., I tried it without success. I copied the code from you into my firmware.  My NGC file looks like this: RESET_HW AINSER n=1 enabled=1 num_pins=1 cs=1 resolution=7bit AINSER n=2 enabled=1 num_pins=1 cs=2 resolution=7bit I have a potentiometer connected to the first analog input of the second and another one to the first input of the third module. The first module is not used at the moment.  If I "set debug on" in the terminal, I see movements if I turn the potentiometer which is connected to the second module. Anyway I can not see anything when I turn the pot which is connected to the third module. I've tried both PP and OD mode (with 1k pullup to 5V). I use PE6, which should lead to MIOS32_BOARD_J10_PinInit(14, MIOS32_BOARD_PIN_MODE_OUTPUT_OD) and case 2: return MIOS32_BOARD_J10_PinSet(14, value); Any ideas what I do wrong?
  12. MIOS32 File Browser

Congrats!
  13. MIOS32 File Browser

Thanks Peter, I got is working :)
  14. MIDIbox SEQ V4 Release + Feedback

Hello, I was wondering if there were a way to reorganize track locations, for example moving track G3T1 to G3T2 or to another group, using the MOVE button? This would be useful to prepare live setups :) Thanks! 
  15. midiphy SEQ v4+

Maybe we should have a new thread for module things? Regarding depth, note that it would be doable to squeeze things tighter with shorter headers or even direct soldering. Right-angled IDC headers would also help. For panel files, at least at the beginning I prefer to keep them closed. We might offer different colours in the future (e.g. black panels). But if you really would like to do your own, just put a note in when you order and I can give you the dimensions. It wouldn't be difficult to measure either :).  
  16. One MB-6582, One Power Supply: a Tutorial

I noticed the same thing: the switch action removed the 0V rather than +V. It can be confusing when the MB-6582 "receives" 0V from somewhere else. From memory, it would not be so significant if the bridge rectifier was still there.   
  17. One MB-6582, One Power Supply: a Tutorial

That’s...weird. I’ll have to check my own MB-6582 to see if I get the same behavior. I only ever use the mix out jack so I’m not sure I would have ever run into this.
  18. midiphy SEQ v4+

Amaaaaazing! I’m on vacation atm but I will probably order these boards as soon as I get back. Is there any chance I could convince y’all to release the design files—or even just a super basic drilling guide—for the panels? I have the means to DIY my own panels and some kind of official measurements would make the job quite a bit easier.
  19. Earlier
  20. midiphy SEQ v4+

Thanks, @lukas412! :) Just measured this quickly and took a photo, as i am sure others will have the same question: The photo is of the new triple-PCB sandwich "A1 Expander" (8x CV out), which has the highest depth of these modules. You should be good with a 50mm deep case, the module just fits nicely in my Moog 104HP skiff despite its "max depth: 48mm" specs :). Of course all kudos for these modules fly out to Andy! Have a great weekend and many greets! Peter
  21. midiphy SEQ v4+

This looks sooo cool! Thank you! Any idea on depth of the modules?
  22. New eurorack modules in the house! :)

From the album Hawkeyes MB stuff

Finally...! :) https://www.midiphy.com/en/shop-details/137/50  
  23. midiphy SEQ v4+

Yay! It really took a while, but just now the new midiphy eurorack essential modules were made available in the shop! :) The kit consists of five eurorack modules and extends your SEQ with a total of 8 analog (CV) and 24 digital eurorack (gates, clocks, triggers) outputs. SEQ v4+ Eurorack Modules Essential Kit Adrian again did a magnificent job with the frontpanels! Thanks a lot!!! Will create a video documentation for the build procedure, but will need a bit of time, it is holiday season and the LoopA still needs finishing :) But, these modules should not be too terribly difficult to complete, if you managed to build a v4+, you will be easily able to build those! :) Of course, these modules should also nicely work with a MBSEQ v4 (instead of a v4+), if you have a standard line transmitter board (with a DB-25 output port) installed. Have a nice weekend and enjoy! Many greets, Peter
  24. One MB-6582, One Power Supply: a Tutorial

Slightly odd issue: I have a working mb6582 with this power supply set up. However if any of the separate stereo outs are plugged this disables the power switch so that whenever the 7pin DIN is plugged the synth is powered on.  I assume they are somehow providing ground when plugged. If they are plugged via a ground loop destroyer then the issue is removed. Currently I just have the mb6582 plugged via a surge protected plug. I don't think this is really a very serious issue, but just thought I'd mention it in case anyone can immediately tell what I've done! It is a bit odd/annoying so eventually I will investigate properly I guess.   
  25. The HAARP, an Hardware Advanced Arpeggiator.

Hello! A short jam video with the HAARP, the first one with the new ADS-7 from AVP Synth ;)    
  26. MIOS32 File Browser

Hi Karg, could you try and copy in tasks.h and include it where needed (e.g. include from app.c)? This header contains the missing macros providing the necessary mutexes. (These mutexes are required, so that a terminal communication, e.g. debug logging does not interrupt another MIDI data transfer over the same USB line, thus mixing up things and producing garbage). I think they should be preprocessor macros instead of functions: #define MUTEX_MIDIIN_TAKE { while( xSemaphoreTakeRecursive(xMIDIINSemaphore, (portTickType)1) != pdTRUE ); } Many greets, have fun and good luck! Peter  
  27. Hello, I would like to give my application MIOS32 File Browser capabilities. Having not found much information about this, I just started playing around a bit: Reading other peoples source codes, my impression is that the corresponding code is in terminal.c (LoopA and Seq4 code - is my impression correct?). Thus, I have begun by adding TERMINAL_Init(0); into my APP_Init routine. Further, I added several programming models to my Makefile: ################################################################################ # Include source modules via additional makefiles ################################################################################ # sources of programming model include $(MIOS32_PATH)/programming_models/traditional/programming_model.mk # application specific LCD driver (selected via makefile variable) include $(MIOS32_PATH)/modules/app_lcd/$(LCD)/app_lcd.mk # MIDI Router (and port handling) include $(MIOS32_PATH)/modules/midi_router/midi_router.mk # MIDImon include $(MIOS32_PATH)/modules/midimon/midimon.mk # UIP driver include $(MIOS32_PATH)/modules/uip/uip.mk # UIP Standard Task (with DHCPC + OSC server and client) include $(MIOS32_PATH)/modules/uip_task_standard/uip_task_standard.mk # generic sequencer modules #include $(MIOS32_PATH)/modules/sequencer/sequencer.mk # MIDI file Player #include $(MIOS32_PATH)/modules/midifile/midifile.mk # FATFS Driver include $(MIOS32_PATH)/modules/fatfs/fatfs.mk # FILE Access Layer include $(MIOS32_PATH)/modules/file/file.mk # USB Mass Storage Device Driver include $(MIOS32_PATH)/modules/msd/msd.mk # common make rules # Please keep this include statement at the end of this Makefile. Add new modules above. include $(MIOS32_PATH)/include/makefile/common.mk and also put the MUTEX routines into mios32_config.h: // map MIDI mutex to UIP task // located in app.c to access MIDI IN/OUT mutex from external extern void APP_MUTEX_MIDIOUT_Take(void); extern void APP_MUTEX_MIDIOUT_Give(void); extern void APP_MUTEX_MIDIIN_Take(void); extern void APP_MUTEX_MIDIIN_Give(void); #define UIP_TASK_MUTEX_MIDIOUT_TAKE { APP_MUTEX_MIDIOUT_Take(); } #define UIP_TASK_MUTEX_MIDIOUT_GIVE { APP_MUTEX_MIDIOUT_Give(); } #define UIP_TASK_MUTEX_MIDIIN_TAKE { APP_MUTEX_MIDIIN_Take(); } #define UIP_TASK_MUTEX_MIDIIN_GIVE { APP_MUTEX_MIDIIN_Give(); } Similarly, I have the following in my app.c: ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// //! functions to access MIDI IN/Out Mutex //! see also mios32_config.h ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// void APP_MUTEX_MIDIOUT_Take(void) { MUTEX_MIDIOUT_TAKE; } void APP_MUTEX_MIDIOUT_Give(void) { MUTEX_MIDIOUT_GIVE; } void APP_MUTEX_MIDIIN_Take(void) { MUTEX_MIDIIN_TAKE; } void APP_MUTEX_MIDIIN_Give(void) { MUTEX_MIDIIN_GIVE; } Yet, I still get the following error messages, and have not found a solution yet. I hope I am not on the completely wrong path for the MIOS32 File Browser implementation :)   Cheers, Karg
  28. MIDIbox SEQ V4 Release + Feedback

hi everyone a quick proposal here ON\OFF for MIDI MMC messages per port? maybe in BPM menu? for example some synths have sequencer without MMC filter and in result when you hit play on Midibox, synth sequencer also starts this might be undesired situation. thank you for great work TK. bests.k
  29. Only a slight update, have been troubleshooting a bit, but just mentioning what Im completely sure of.  With the config pasted earlier, the leds on the I to IV buttons do light up sometimes, mainly just when either select or mute all is chosen by the wilba panel, the IV led either goes green or red.  So that would indicate serial is received by IC9, and it does what it is told to in the config (light up at that action).   The question then is, how do I make the buttons take the actions their leds are showing? The encoder works, so buttons should as well, but I cant see what they are called in the settings? It doesnt go through the serial chain? And at the same time, could someone just give me a default setting where I am supposed to see Aout gates? Just setting Aout channel and getting the CV out isnt enough to get the gates at the corresponding Dout serial as well? Should it be?   
  30. Load more activity