lp1977

Members
  • Content count

    9
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

2 Neutral

About lp1977

  • Rank
    MIDIbox Newbie

Profile Information

  • Gender Male
  • Location New York, NY
  1. MIDIbox SEQ V4 Release + Feedback

    Hi, In the SEQ V4+, is there a way to have a Parameter Layer affect another? Or, more specifically, assign a probability percentage to a Parameter Layer? For example, on a drum track, if I have a snare on a step and I have the Probability Parameter Layer engaged and set to 75% and the Roll Parameter Layer engaged with one of the roll lengths selected, the step will play on average 75% of the time and it will always have roll when it does play. Is there a way to have it play n% of the time and also have the Roll/Roll2 Parameter Layer be activated n% of the time? For example, 75% Step Gate probability with 25% Roll/Roll2 probability. So there's a mixture of single snare hits and rolled snares when the step does play.  I see that there's a 'Ro' setting in Nth1 and Nth2 deterministic options, just curious if this can be done somehow with Probability for a more dynamic, random result.  I did try some probability settings in the trigger layers A and B, but the probability setting affected the velocity gate, too, which muted the step with the same probability.    Thanks in advance for any guidance.  
  2. midiphy SEQ v4+

    I really like this idea, differentiating between groups of four steps 1-4, 5-8, etc. might have to pop mine back open and try this. Maybe blue for steps 1-4, and adding some green RJ resistors with gradually decreasing resistance to groups 5-8, 9-12, and 13-16, resulting in a blue to cyan shift with red as the stepping light. Would help me zone in on the downbeats. 
  3. MIDIbox SEQ V4 Release + Feedback

    Thanks, @TK..  I exported with the option enabled and then again with it disabled and the state was accurately reflected each time in the output of the midi export. 
  4. MIDIbox SEQ V4 Release + Feedback

    Thanks @TK.! That was a quick fix.   Question: Does/can the Midi Song Export honor the "Restart all Tracks on Pattern Change"? (Utility -> Options -> 5/33 -> enable) If I do not enable this, in Song mode, the tracks with patterns that have random Step direction fall out of step alignment on the next change to a pattern with a Forward direction, for example,  since it just continues on to the next step after the last randomly chosen step from the previous pattern.  Enabling it fixes the issue in Song mode, making all the tracks start at Step 1 on the next pattern, but I don't think this is reflected in the Midi Export. Thanks!
  5. MIDIbox SEQ V4 Release + Feedback

    Hi, I posted this in the Midiphy SEQ V4+ troubleshooting thread but after a bit of conversation, it seems the topic is better suited to this feedback thread, as it could be bug related.  Original post for more details:  Basically I've come across a couple issues: 1)  When removing the SD card while the SEQ V4+ is powered on, all of my push buttons become unmapped, losing matrix assignments, although the encoder turns do remain mapped. Since the MBSEQ_HW.V4 file is not reloaded upon SD re-insertion (according to the MBSEQ_HW.V4 section of the user manual at: http://www.ucapps.de/midibox_seq_manual_in.html), the push buttons remain unmapped and unusable until I reload the release package midiphy_rh MBSEQ_HW.V4 with MIOS Studio, issue reset command with MIOS Studio, or power cycle the SEQ V4+ with the SD Card installed.   2)  Exporting songs, tracks, groups, or patterns to .MID files (Utility -> Disk -> MIDI Files -> Export) causes a Hard Fault. Pretty much anything I try to export results in either a Hard Fault with an address such as "PC=0x08049b0c" or "08049b5e", or the unit will just freeze with the "Exporting G_T_ to /MIDI/___.MID" notification on the OLED screen. This requires a hard power cycle on the V4+. I provided an example session with basic generic patterns I whipped up, but the crash/freezing happens with any session, large, small, or freshly created.    I guess I'm just curious if these two things happen to anyone else with a standard issue Midiphy RH V4+ w/VGT6 chip, or if it is specific to my build.  Everything else seems to be working great.   MIOS Studio query data: Operating System: MIOS32 Board: MBHP_CORE_STM32F4 Core Family: STM32F4xx Chip ID: 0x10076413 Serial: #1D0027001851373337323532 Flash Memory Size: 1048576 bytes RAM Size: 196608 bytes MIDIbox SEQ V4+.095 (C) 2018 T. Klose   Thanks to everyone for their support and welcoming comments. I'm new to the Midbox forum and the Midibox universe, in general. Example.zip    
  6. Troubleshooting midiphy SEQ v4+

    The waveshare is installed in the case so I'd need to disassemble it to look at it.  This is what I see in MIOS Studio query window: Operating System: MIOS32 Board: MBHP_CORE_STM32F4 Core Family: STM32F4xx Chip ID: 0x10076413 Serial: #1D0027001851373337323532 Flash Memory Size: 1048576 bytes RAM Size: 196608 bytes MIDIbox SEQ V4+.095 (C) 2018 T. Klose       Thanks for the response. I'll get a sample together and post in the release feedback thread.
  7. Troubleshooting midiphy SEQ v4+

    Hi, I completed my Midiphy RH Seq v4+ about a week ago and have been using it pretty much every day for the past week. All my build testing seemed to indicate there are no issues, however I notice a couple of things after using it for a week: 1). If I remove the SD card while the unit is on, I get the "SD Card Removed" notification on the OLED screen and suddenly any and all of my push buttons become unresponsive. The encoder turns continue to move the cursor on the OLED screen, but the encoder presses, Matias switch presses, and MEC switch presses do nothing. When this happens, the button presses begin to show in MIOS Studio with: [160430.669] [SEQ_UI_Button_Handler] Button SR:8, Pin:D2 not mapped, it has been pressed. [160430.813] [SEQ_UI_Button_Handler] Button SR:8, Pin:D2 not mapped, it has been depressed.   When I re-insert the SD Card, i get the notification on the OLED screen saying "SD Card Connected", but the buttons are still unresponsive. I can reach the SD Card through MIOS Studio with the 'sdcard' command and the Play/Stop commands from MIOS Studio all still work, but the SEQ hardware button presses remain 'not mapped' in MIOS Studio. If I use MIOS Studio File Browser to re-upload the MBSEQ_HW.V4 while in this state, it autoloads after upload and all the buttons function again until the next time that I remove the SD Card. Also, a restart command or power cycle with the SD card installed will restore the button functionality. When booting without SD, I don't get to have the RH config loaded, but some of the button/encoder presses do random things, so they appear to be working.    2). Exporting to MIDI Files causes a "Hard Fault at PC=0x08049b0c" or "08049b54" (just examples) to be displayed on the OLED screen, or the SEQ just locks up with the "Exporting G_T_ to /MIDI/___.MID" notification on the OLED. At this point, the SEQ is completely unresponsive, even in MIOS Studio. I've tried exporting one measure of one track, or a whole song with 140 measures and I get one of those two outcomes without any successful exports. I have tried 4 different SD cards that I have on hand: SanDisk 2GB SD, SanDisk Ultra SDHC 16GB, SanDisk Ultra Micro SDHC 16gb, and an unlabeled 2GB micro SD. Micro SDs are being used in a SanDisk SD adapter.   I'm running MIDIbox SEQ V4+.095 with associated midiphy-rh MBSEQ_HW.V4 from the release package.    I've been able to do many things without issue. Successfully format SD card in MIOS Studio with 'sdcard_fomat yes, I'm sure', Booting with SD card installed, create new Session, save patterns, create pattern chains in song mode, Switch Sessions, export Sessions in the Utility -> Disk screen.  A lot of SD card activity all functioning with all four SD cards I have.   Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. Apologies for length, as I've tried to include as much info as I can.  I can use the SEQ pretty extensively without doing these two things, but I would like to fix it if i could!
  8. midiphy SEQ v4+

    Thank you! Your videos are very detailed and easy to follow with great additional information on the parts you're installing in each chapter. Crucial to a good build. The chapter timestamps were very helpful, as well.  
  9. midiphy SEQ v4+

    Well, it looks like it's my turn. I finished building my SEQ 4v+ about a week ago. Such a great design and the Midiphy kit is really top notch.  I went with Antichambre's MEC switches and key caps 5GTH920Q + ILSQ96-15.0 from earlier in this thread. I was a little late to the party, so I missed out on his custom Matias key cap bulk order!  Inside the MEC switches, I used the square Midiphy supplied LEDs instead of the suggested 3mm round LEDs, substituting the green Play LED for blue.  For the knobs, I used some Eagle 450-BA600 knobs from Mouser. They have a soft touch similar to the Thonk knobs, but they're a little shorter and wider and sit a little lower, with a skirt that barely covers the case's encoder holes. A nice tight fit. I've added a picture with the Thonk slim small knob sitting between the Eagle knobs for comparison. I'm looking forward to the LoopA v2 metal case release this coming year. I plan on picking up one of those complete kits, as well.  Anyway, here are some pics, Thanks!