Dual SSM2044 PCB preview

seppoman

Thanks Nebula but ,seppoman has wrote:

The control summer found in all the documented designs on the web was removed. The frequency input of the 2044 expects an input of about -100..+100mV. The mentioned cirquit adapts that onto the standard V/Oct CV range. But this also means you would first need to adjust offset and gain of this cirquit to make the SSM input conform to that standard and then calibrate the output of your AOUT module to also comply with this standard. V/Oct is certainly important in a completely analog modular synth where several analog control sources are mixed and fed to that input, but in a situation where the AOUT is the only source, this conformity is not good for anything. So removing this stage of complexity reduces size and cost and takes away another level of necessary calibration.

The consequence of this is: If you want to use this module together with “non-AOUT†CV sources, you will need to add the control summer circuit externally (I'll publish a schematic for it soon)..

if he wants not help us for this schematic with his PCB's,he will say us..:i can't,i wan't...etc

Best regards

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ok i  now have my pcbs and parts but if i 'll have a problem ....next time i will prefer pcb+schematic

reverse engineering is not my cut of tea ... i can understand seppoman and at same time i think in the forum nobody wants to make 'parallel market'

it's the same with wilba's pcb ...i wanted to make my own psu  :P...ok i understood but ...it's not my choice and i'm very happy ..as it works  :)

Ok guys, before too much speculation is taking place, I need to clarify a few things:

1. the reason that so far the module schematic is not available is simply that I didn't make a nice and readable version to publish yet. No secrecy involved. On the other hand, everything you need to know to use that module in its intended function is online.

That brings us to 2.: I know I told a few people that some time I would publish a mod schematic for using this module in a regular modular synth environment. I won't publish anything as "official solution" that I didn't try out myself before. Maybe releasing that schem is taking a bit long now and I'm not exactly proud of that fact.

But on the other hand, when I published infos about this module and while taking orders during the initial bulk order, I never ever advertized it as being suitable for a modular synth without modifications.  In addition to that, I pointed out that this is not a beginners project, i.e. being able to make use of the data sheet schematic wouldn't hurt if you wanna use it in a custom situation... If you can read that one, the level of "reverse engineering" involved is really quite low. In the design of this module, I made a few optimizations that lead to reduced parts count and calibration efforts in its originally intended use case (i.e. when being used together with an AOUT_NG or AOUT with bipolar option, e.g. in a MBSID). These omissions are quite the same cirquits that are missing for your situation now.

If you were dedicatedly searching for a modular synth module, there are other ready to go modules and schematics out on the web that involve no use of brain ;). I know it's taking long now and I repeat: I'm not proud of that. But I've had/am still having a lot of other things to do both MidiBox and non-MidiBox-related in the last months. And as I don't feel I promised you that kind of useability without engagement of your own brain while the bulk order was running, In my opinion this use case shouldn't have been part of your purchase considerations. I'm slightly pissed off of the demanding nagging of some of you (also via PM) who sound like they've got a right of me publishing that schem ASAP. I know I said that this schematic would come and it's still on my agenda, but if you wanna use the module for something I didn't promise you in the first place and can't figure out for yourself how to, you'll simply have to have some patience. I can only put it with Wilba's words, please "shut up and wait"!

S

please don't be angry ...

i thought it was less pain to find a file than writing 20 lines....(joke of course)

i never said "that's a shame"...ok?

the thing is not publish for a regular or not synth ...

i learnt the mb modules by mounting them with the schematic TO UNDERSTAND WHAT I DO step by step

for me it's like a monopoly without the rules ..of course you can play

but for you're pcb,it's quite simple to understand..again thank you for you did because we didn't do

• 2 weeks later...

Do you think this filter would work with an mbfm and aout_ng?

sure, the filter works with the NG and the NG works with the FM :)

Last year I tested this with my still very much unfinished MBFM. I tried to create a few new patches that made use of the filter and didn't come up with something really exciting. But then, I'm not an expert on the FM and also didn't ever create a really cool patch on the FM without the SSM, so that probably doesn't mean very much ;) If you've checked out TK's demos of FM with CEM and Moog filter and you like these, just go on with the SSM and find out for yourself :)

S

• 2 years later...

that would be a cv source.

the one in the pic is balanced and buffered.

the cutoff needs bipolar cv, while the resonance gets positive voltage.

if it's not standalone you could omit the opamp.

i'm no expert so i might be incorrect, or missing something, or different values (?)

the pic is from the formant book.

post-5444-017286900 1304852917_thumb.jpg

Edited by rosch

that would be a cv source.

the one in the pic is balanced and buffered.

the cutoff needs bipolar cv, while the resonance gets positive voltage.

if it's not standalone you could omit the opamp.

i'm no expert so i might be incorrect, or missing something, or different values (?)

the pic is from the formant book.

Thanks rosch, that is a great starting point for me.

cheers,

grizz