A caveman and a SID

ris8_allo_zen0

Hi all,

some days ago me and my classmates were asked to produce a video about "innovation" in some aspect. So we made this fake advertisement for our university, a humor critic about misuse of technology:

(sorry, the volume is a little low...)

I was the actor, the co-writer of the screenplay and, what I'm most proud of, the chooser of song and the fonts :D

Comments please :)

I love it  ;D

Some friends and I were just having a discussion a few days ago about the advance of technology and stupidity at the same time.

It seems that young people that only use technology, computers... lack some crucial skills, their vocabulary is lacking the basics and they misuse words,

There is a new language, SMS language, teens start to talk the way they write SMS.

Nowadays the advance of technology and global communication, with all the good that came, I am using it (midibox  ;)) right now and learning a lot in the process, brought people instant and sometimes not relevant information, It's seems O.k to accept all even low quality.

I think, more after seeing this video, that the pressure nowadays to push the children as soon as possible to walk, to talk, to learn doesn't let the "evolution" of a person

to happen as It should, as this TechAge "lets" people misuse it, 

"The child need to learn, Way give him a book when he can watch TV instead, those 4 colored teddies can teach him how to talk better"

hmmm goto80 music "Killer Piller"... excellent choice  !! :D and nice video as well, i really love it  :-*

I really feel that todays peoples are just "stupid" consumers, and dont even feel the need to create.

It's good to 'point' it :)

I love it

True!!

Some friends and I were just having a discussion a few days ago about the advance of technology and stupidity at the same time.

Nope, the stupidity isn't new.

Nowadays the advance of technology and global communication, with all the good that came

What good? It hasn't changed anything. Look at the situation with China and Tibet, to use a present instance. The whole world is protesting. Is anything happening? Nope. We still support them by buying cheap goods and services from them. Look at Africa.... Now look at the middle east. The world goes to war when one country does a "bad thing" and ignores it when another does the same. It's unjust and everyone knows it, and we supposedly live in a democracy, so why isn't it happening that way? Fact is, the populus is powerless, because it's passive. All the information in the world doesn't change that noone uses it.

Same goes for our tools. Look at what an amazing invention the car is. So what do we use it for? Same with computers in general, old analog technology, metallurgy... You can go back for millennia and the story is the same. People learn new things and nothing ever changes. The tools are used for superficial junk. A select few live well, the masses live minimally and just get by, unhappy with the state of things but unable or unwilling to change it, we all push out babies and they do the same.

It seems that young people that only use technology, computers... lack some crucial skills, their vocabulary is lacking the basics and they misuse words,

There is a new language, SMS language, teens start to talk the way they write SMS.

People have to do that, because the rich people in the world take more than they need, time is money, and these tools save time.

But hey, I guess it wouldn't be so bad if we were enhancing our capabilities with what technology allows, for some kind of real purpose... But what's really changing? People are born, forced to do a job they hate, maybe scrimp enough to have a home and a family, so that they can have kids who can do the same thing, repeat, ad nauseum.

The human race lacks a goal. Even if we wake up tomorrow and the news tells us that a technology breakthrough has brought us the meaning of life, endless food and water and shelter and space and time, and cures for every disease and injury, and time travel, and whatever else you can dream of...then what? What will we do? Sit around and have fun and then have kids so that they can do the same thing, repeat, ad nauseum?

What are we really doing?

Guess I got a bit too deep there ;)

Edit: nugget from the chat:

[stryd_one] 1:07 am: yeh... response is like...wow what a deep video. OK i don't want to think about it that much. Now back to our regular programming.

[stryd_one] 1:08 am: programming being the operative word

[stryd_one] 1:08 am: and i dont mean cutting code

Edit 2: not a diss to you MTE, I know your take on such things :) We've talked.....

What good? It hasn't changed anything. Look at the situation with China and Tibet, to use a present instance. The whole world is protesting. Is anything happening? Nope. We still support them by buying cheap goods and services from them. Look at Africa.... Now look at the middle east. The world goes to war when one country does a "bad thing" and ignores it when another does the same. It's unjust and everyone knows it, and we supposedly live in a democracy, so why isn't it happening that way? Fact is, the populus is powerless, because it's passive. All the information in the world doesn't change that noone uses it.

Same goes for our tools. Look at what an amazing invention the car is. So what do we use it for? Same with computers in general, old analog technology, metallurgy... You can go back for millennia and the story is the same. People learn new things and nothing ever changes. The tools are used for superficial junk. A select few live well, the masses live minimally and just get by, unhappy with the state of things but unable or unwilling to change it, we all push out babies and they do the same.

People have to do that, because the rich people in the world take more than they need, time is money, and these tools save time.

But hey, I guess it wouldn't be so bad if we were enhancing our capabilities with what technology allows, for some kind of real purpose... But what's really changing? People are born, forced to do a job they hate, maybe scrimp enough to have a home and a family, so that they can have kids who can do the same thing, repeat, ad nauseum.

The human race lacks a goal. Even if we wake up tomorrow and the news tells us that a technology breakthrough has brought us the meaning of life, endless food and water and shelter and space and time, and cures for every disease and injury, and time travel, and whatever else you can dream of...then what? What will we do? Sit around and have fun and then have kids so that they can do the same thing, repeat, ad nauseum?

What are we really doing?

the world is as perfect as it can be, the world you see it just exists behind your eyes if you don t like it it takes a PIC cpu cycle to change it, it s all about you.Who are we to believe we can define the quality of things?

*cimo hides under the desk, put is fingers in his ears and start saying "lalalalalala"

The human race lacks a goal.

Heehee, don't get me started!  ;D  I think the problem is that individuals wait around for someone else to tell them what to do, what is cool, etc, etc.  (Especially here in The States, where people spend money they don't have, on things they don't need, to impress people they don't know.)  Everything we need to be happy is right before our very eyes, yet we choose to ignore it, looking for something external that will take our minds off of our miserable existences.  Many know the path, few are willing to walk it.  Wake up people!

This has been a test of the emergency enlightenment system.  In case of true enlightenment, you will give up material possessions and be happy where you are with whatever you have in the moment.  We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming...

Thank you guys for all the comments!!

I must admit this video has many layers of interpretation, but I didn't expect anything about the meaning of life and the goals of human race...

Me and my colleagues filled 17 pages about innovation, intelligence and relation with new media. I think the main problem is that we were so accustomed by the broadcast media (and their monodirectional way to communicate) that almost all of us think there's nothing we can actively do in our world, nothing to solve, nothing to change simply because somebody else did that already, and better.

Now the new media are all around. People can share their ideas with no physical limits (exactly like we're doing here), either because of Internet and multimedia software available, and challenge the biggest media corporations. The problem is that nobody still knows exactly how to deal with this, i.e. which kind of society is growing from now on. Somebody has great ideas, somebody else not. Sometimes good things grow up spontaneously, by "emergence". Some other times people just stop thinking and become slaves of their own solutions, like our caveman.

I once read that while educators are seeing more and more difficult to impose the hierarchical, monodirectional way to learn things, e.g. writing, some of the younger generations are exploiting new media to share their love for Harry Potter stories, invent new "fan" stories and, by doing so, exercise themselves in writing. I mean, communities of children 12-13 years old. That's awesome, and much better than writing those boooring texts in classroom.

And I wish some time later I'll read about another community which helps people to learn electronics (another booooooring thing) by sharing the fashion of MIDI and audio synthesis ;)

I must admit this video has many layers of interpretation, but I didn't expect anything about the meaning of life and the goals of human race...

Heh, you expected WRONG  ;D

The problem is that nobody still knows exactly how to deal with this

Sure they do, hold down the proles before they get enough information, get wise, and realise that if they all rise up together they are unstoppable, and no longer have to battle to eat.