Working up the courage for my first project!

Harmany

I am concidering buying some rather expensive hardware (for me). To justify it I'll have to have supiriour midi control....

The first thing I will try is a PAD Machine:

- 16 Big Pads    + Internal LED

- 32 Small Pads + Internal LED

- 32 Rotary Encoders + LED Ring

Ideally all the pads are touch sensitive.......  (does that cost more inputs or is it the signal the pad sends

which makes it touch sensitive ?)

I think I can use midibox 64e for this right ?  I am still not sure exactly how many LED/LEDRINGS I can use

on the 64e.  Is a Ledring just one led, but depending on input voltage differnt will light up ?

hi

welcome, thumbs up, etc etc

considering the equation

(rather expensive hardware) < (time you spend reading ucapps.de) = true

then you ll automagically get all the answer you need plus a bunch of new friends plus a working Midibox

as a starting point be aware that so many touch sensitive pads need a properly built design to avoid cross talking and such

Good luck

Simone

thanks for the welcome :)

I meant to say Velocity sensitive! The idea is that a soft trigger will do effect fade-in, or small delay, ..

I'd have the big pad for triggering a pattern/clip/...   the small pads will trigger "sub stories", the rotator handles

velocity for that part.

Also, if someone can say if my mind is clear on the virtual pots/paging features:

- I can create several pages

- each pages holds its state in memory and receives feedback (even though another page is selected!!)

(please tell me this is so :)

(please tell me this is so :)

It is :)

velocity sensitivity is tricky though.... I won't restart the theoreticising here, have a search and you'll find some good theories of how to do it... I don't think anyone's done it yet, though!

BTW there was a dozen or more empty lines in your post, just thought I should let you know I removed them, in case you were wondering why I edited you :)

julestriko has developped a "pad keyboard" with velocity AND aftertouch (MPC style !!) maybe you could ask him later when you will have to do the .asm of the application.

obvious your project is very interesting, cimo is right, if you are newbee you will spend to much time on ucapps ; moreover you will have to code and it is complicated. Buying a kaosspad or a MPD + a Remote zero SL seems a better solution.

if you want really decent pads, go for an M-Audio Axiom....they are absolutely awesome. Velocity Sensative...plus you can easily swap them around so them send CC data instead....its a suprisingly intuitive way of controlling midi data....very good for...mm...whats a good word...hehe...transducing? human emotion.......