Apple 2 GS Synth!

Theta_Frost

I would just like to notify everyone that I am starting the creation of The Midibox SONIQ or Midibox DOC. ;D  It is a synth that utilizes the Apple 2 GS's soundchip the Ensoniq ES5503 DOC.  This is notable as the first sound chip in a computer that uses wavetables.  It was also used in 2 Ensoniq synthesizers.  I'm gonna need some help with programming because I'm pretty clueless there but I am starting to work on the hardware! ::)  This is going to be one cool synth when it is done!  Thanks for everything! :D

In your GARAGE?!

Sacrilege!

Give it to ME!

Give it?! How about Trade it!

I had (Until recently) an Apple IIGS that I found on the side of the road!

As for the Mirage,

Yea, it's resting against a Simmons claptrap, a few Tama Drum synths, Roland JX3p, a few mixers, a Hammond drum machine, Alesis QS6, CR8000 and a Memorymoog.

The Mirage does sound cool, but is a bitch to use.. I prefer the S950 or Prophet2002.

... joking about the memorymoog.

Update I can get a hold of the chip through a broken 2 GS at my friends teaching job.  They had a 2 GS for some reason.  Also this is going to be a long while.  Don't expect this to go fast at all because right now I'm working on Midiboxes, SID, FM, 64, NES, SNES-APU, and this one.  So be patient.

Update I can get a hold of the chip through a broken 2 GS at my friends teaching job.  They had a 2 GS for some reason.  Also this is going to be a long while.  Don't expect this to go fast at all because right now I'm working on Midiboxes, SID, FM, 64, NES, SNES-APU, and this one.  So be patient.

O yeah I can't forget Midibox POKEY!