non OPSU dual-sid question

pkniffer

hello,

i have added another SID module to my core. i connected it in series, same outputs from the CORE to the second SID module.

i have two problems

a) now neither sid plays notes, but both are on, i can hear the hum in both channels.

b) boths SIDs are hot as fuck.

what have i done?? do i have to configure the second SID with a different ID?

shittt..

Let's check b) first, as that seems to be a critical problem. How hot is "hot as fuck"? "it burns my fingers"-hot or just "you can still touch it but it's really really warm"-hot? Remove the SIDs and the Core and re-check the voltages. Make sure your wiring is correct (see ucapps.de for details). Do both these things at least twice. ;)

same outputs from the CORE to the second SID module.

this is what pops up as a red flag to me...  i'm not totally sure but i would assume you would have problems if you connect 2 SIDs exactly the same way.  secondly, what version of SID app are you running?  V2 or V1?  this could also lead to issues if you connect a second SID.

Assuming you are using a SID V2, since you want to connect 2 sid's to 1 core, did you check the connections between the core and the 2 sid's? They are not exactly the same as you can see in the optimized psu 8xsid.

You don't have to connect S0 J2 between the 2 sid's. For the second sid you have to connect core J14 to S0 J2.

Assuming you are using a SID V2, since you want to connect 2 sid's to 1 core, did you check the connections between the core and the 2 sid's? They are not exactly the same as you can see in the optimized psu 8xsid.

You don't have to connect S0 J2 between the 2 sid's. For the second sid you have to connect core J14 to S0 J2.

I have done this, finally, and after having no LCD and no boot for a while, after redoing the LCD interconnect everything works.

now only the 7805 is hot, like, can't touch it hot.

but, everything seems to be functional.

However, upon going into ensemble mode and trying to access the second sid, it registers only one. I connected the SO of Sid2 to J14 like required. no dice. am i missing some fundamental configuration step?

thank you guys, i know noobs are really tiresome sometimes. but know that i am having the time of my life, great way to get over an ex-girlfriend :)))

the 7805 is hot, like, can't touch it hot.

I don't wanna interrupt the troubleshooting process here, but that could be bad. You should find the source of that problem before you go on. I'd have my sid chips removed if I were you....

:-X