yamaha rm1x

cimo

Sold mine for under$200, wish I hadn't. (Like every piece of gear I ever sold)

Sequencer is good, internal sounds useable, not great. Get it for the sequencer, maybe even if you have an mbseq.....never too many groove boxes going at once eh?

I wouldn't pay much more than $200 for it though.

Yamaha RM1x.........great sequencer(but who needs it when you can build the MB Seq) and the internal sounds suck big time.......wouldn't spend much more than a 100 euro's......sold mine a long time ago, thank god......same counts for the Korg EM1.......glad i got rid of those for a fair/good price..actually made some profit on them ;D

Apparently i d need to change some of the buttons, any idea what there is under the caps?

I would assume from the feel some sort of tact switch, but I never took mine apart so who knows. If it needs work I'd definitely try to get it dirt cheap.

Oh yeah only two audio outputs on the thing if I recall and save files to floppy disk. I had fun with it but I never really liked the synth sounds only the drums were useable, didn't have hardly any other gear at the time so It lost it's thrill kinda quick. but it did have a cool sequencer and you should be able to get one for way less than the parts cost alone on a MBSEQ, let alone the labor. (MBSEQ is way cooler though)

for me the sequencer is to straigt, you cant mix sequences, like you can in Ableton live, so I sold it.

The sounds are soooo bad, typical early rompler sound (you cant use it...) I triggert a midified 606 with the stuff a roland mks50 a midibox sid a jomox airbase and waldorf, in this case it soundet great  ;D

hello

i had it ,sold it,buy another...and sold it

sound are really bad....

i think for the same price you can make the midibox seq wich is really much better

another point :

for me the rm1x seq is ok for techno but unusable for hiphop or house

please don't buy it :-\...and make another midibox of the week

hi

i would like to thanks everybody for the input, i think that all in all for a 100 euros and a little soldering job it could be worth getting it, all in all is another piece of gear and i could hook it up to my "new" juno-106 and the 6582.I CAN T MAKE A MB_SEQ RIGHT NOW CAUSE I HAVE TOO MANY PROJECTS GOING ON.

Thanks

Simone