Snap in MIDI jack

M.U.L.E.

I was browsing eBay for some pedals and came across this MIDI jack. It looks like it is a snap in type, I think - I haven't seen this type before and wondered if anyone else has? Or have any opinions on them? I also found an auction for some snap in ones, but it's for 50 of them. Having a hard time finding them individually, wondering if anyone else might have used them. Thanks.

8442_1.JPG

b2a1_1.JPG

I was eyeing those off too at one stage.. pretty cheap for 50 of them..

(From Partspipe or HKSS I assume)

They even sell them in white, which is kinda cool.

From my past (And very good) experiences with HKSS, they are pretty good if you ask for custom amounts, so you could ask them for 10 etc.

You would prob need to drill a round hole, then file the 2 notches at either end to stop em rotating etc.. (Unless you get your panel lazer cut etc)

If you get em, let us know how good they are etc.

Regards

Mike

Those are nice as well - hole size doesn't matter as much as the socket covers a good bit of it.

The only problem I have with this type is if your plugs are a bit tight, sometimes the centres of the sockets come out when you unplug them. Maybe I just bought some cheap ones once but the centre didn't seem to be particularly well fitted. A drop of superglue on the back of the plastic centre fixed it for me...

Phil

• 5 weeks later...