my Siddesign so far

chriss

chriss1.jpg

took me half a year to come so far and i am still need to build the frontpanel and the case. (and of course the ledrings which are sitting on an extra pcb)

I had following goals:

1. to minimize the wirering (that means i had to do a lot of of planning, using double sided pcb and etching A4)

2. to get as flat as possible (that means i had to use smt)

3. to use an internal powersupply

To the Powersupply:

After having everthing assembled, i noticed huge noise at the output. First digital noise then 50Hz hume. So, with the help of Thorsten i came to a better solution: i split the +5V supply for the core/slaves and the Sid modules (i could do that because i use 2x6Volt transformer). Clean sound know.

BTW: I measured 300mA for the core/slaves with all leds on and 140mA for the 4Sid`s 12Volt. Didn´t measure the +5V for the 4Sid´s but i looks like 200-300mA.

Question are welcome.

chriss

That had to be some work!! Especially all that SMD stuff putting on the PCBs...

So all DOUTs and DINs are on that board there? Did you design it in eagle? Can we have the file?  ;D

Just interested in that file!

Have you made the PCB yourself? Or ordered it somewhere?

(heart beating faster after I saw that!)

very very nice ;D, are you some kind of designer?

...makes me a little scared to build the MBsid, but then again I was afraid to start the LC, and I've almost finished it now!

I gotta get off this site, it is addictive ;D Must get some sleep!

Hi All,

nice that you like it.

That had to be some work!! Especially all that SMD stuff putting on the PCBs...

That wasn´t the main work, aktually that was the funny part, always dealing with this dip devices its very amusing putting these little bugs on a selfmade layout. And by the way it looks so cool, like a real PC mainboard.

And don`t forget about the drilling, although i had to drill more then i wanted (doublesided).

So all DOUTs and DINs are on that board there?

Yes, most of them under the Display and the ledmatrix.

Did you design it in eagle? Can we have the file?  

Just interested in that file!

Have you made the PCB yourself? Or ordered it somewhere?

Sure you can have the eagle file. just send me your email. The PCB is handmade by myself.

...makes me a little scared to build the MBsid, but then again I was afraid to start the LC, and I've almost finished it now!

Me too. This i never dreamed of, till Thorsten came and encouraged us to start building midiboxes and helps us on every step. Thanks Thorsten.

chriss

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...