Livid Rubber Key Pads

Sasha

http://lividshop.com/hardware/rubber-key-pads.html

3929272087_2c8165fa17.jpg

Product Description

Our translucent white silicon rubber keypads have 64 buttons plus 2 function buttons on the bottom. Each button has a hole on the bottom to allow for LED illumination. The buttons have a conductive backing for creating a contact to a circuit board. The button pad can be easily separated with a razor blade (at your own risk of course) to create a different layout.

These are the same buttons we use on our Ohm64 and block controllers and do not have any printing on them

Pad size

6.625†- width

7.5†- length

.75†- height

Button Size

0.5†- length

0.5†- width

.625†- high

4x1 version

http://lividshop.com/hardware/4x1rubber-key-pads.html

3930053530_ce994ec43c.jpg

Our 4x1 translucent white silicon rubber keypads have 4 buttons . Each button has a hole on the bottom to allow for LED illumination. The buttons have a conductive backing for creating a contact to a circuit board. The button pad can be easily separated with a razor blade (at your own risk of course) to create a different layout.

These are the same buttons we use on our Ohm64 and block controllers and do not have any printing on them

Pad size

1†- width

4†- length

.75†- height

Button Size

.625†square

I am from austria, and I want some... but bevore- to be sure the facts?:

one square: 1,58cm x 1,58cm

8x8 buttons: 16,82cm x 19,5cm

19" frontplate space is 43cm

43/16,82= 2,55  - too bad only 16 steps...

---So I only have to etch my PCB, and this buttons work on the blank cu (copper, kupfer) PCB? Or do I need some "lamination"---

One Problem maybe you see here:

http://lividshop.com/catalog/product/gallery/id/45/image/90/

The Contact space is a closed circle, that meens, you have to make a double sided board...on the upper side is then the BUTTON contact routing, on the lower the LED circuit.... that meens, it will be harder to do that DIY  ???

On personal experience, this type of contacts against bare cooper tend have duplicated triggering or fail to make contact sometimes so you need way to improve the contact, there's this material to do the work, haven't tested myself but I've seen it used with good results it seems:

TINNIT BRIGHT TIN PLATE

Alternative for the closed circle:

You could cut away some of the contact circle, just enough to avoid touching the led traces, would be wise to protect those traces too (nail polish comes to mind).

Another thing to consider, with a top layer only diy pcb you'll have to use surface mount components only.

Also, seeing the photo again is not clear if there's actually a hole on the pads to be able to use regular leds, if not, maybe holes could be drilled.