Another MB-6582 video

Smithy

Haha yeah that's me, guilty as charged. These were videos from my local hardware group I go to. People tend to do a lot of things PIC there. Anything from a ice-chest robot which sends you drinks, to a Holiday lights display (that's from the guy filming the video - 10k lights this year!). The robot guy (Fredrick) even built the PIC-based demo that won some demoscene contest a year or so ago.

I apologize for the audio and dim LEDs. I used 1k resistors and I think I should have used 440 or something along those lines. They work well for me when I'm using the MB-6582 but they could be brighter.

Pretty good stuff, though I was likely going to make a better demo but have been focusing on the sammichSID for now since it's easier to build and a bit more portable. That gives me time to add polish to my MB-6852. It's almost done save for the wiring issues I keep having with the control surface, but I've been pondering ripping all that out and starting over. Charles (again the guy filming) found really nice cabling I may use that's extremely bendable and even a bit stretchy.

Chances are you might see another one of these videos when I finish the sammichSID assuming people are interested in that at the local meetup. I guess that was my 15 minutes of forum fame :)

@Wilba: Say what you want but I still think it's some sort of magic how you managed to find all these SIDs. But I'm not complaining :) The 6582's in particular are absolutely fantastic!

Edited by m00dawg

@Wilba: Say what you want but I still think it's some sort of magic how you managed to find all these SIDs. But I'm not complaining :) The 6582's in particular are absolutely fantastic!

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

@wilba:

Haha yeah pretty much :)

@pingsimon:

So first, don't use my experience to scare you away :) It's probably not a good sample of a capable person. Second, the LCD thing isn't hard to fix and, worst case, you can just unsolder the cable and solder a new one to the LCD. It has flat pads so it's not all that hard to do, just takes a bit of time. Just don't make your cable longer than it needs to be and you should be fine.