OPL3 (MB-FM) Chipset Bulk Order #4

Wilba

I will run another OPL3 chipset bulk-order, but to save me time and effort, grizz will do the collecting of names, and I will do the collecting of PayPal payments and posting of orders. If you want brand-new YMF262 and YAC512 for your MIDIbox FM project, this is the best way to get them.

Estimate price is 12.75 AUD per chipset + 2.50 AUD shipping worldwide (up to 10 chipsets, more probably, they weigh almost nothing).

Hey all,

Okay here we go. If you want to order OPL3 chipsets (chipset is 1x YMF262, 2x YAC512) then PM me your order. Wilba won't be doing custom quantities of each chip, so 1 order will include 1x YMF262 and 2x YAC512. Best estimate is 12.75 AUD per chipset but Wilba won't really know until he gets a new quote from the broker. I will compile the list, and pass it on to Wilba when I get enough orders. As he said the goal is 100, but he might go ahead and get them when we have 80 orders and keep the rest as spares.

Do NOT post that your "in" or "count me in" in this forum. If you want to order then PM me the order form.

Below is the format I would like folks to use when PM-ing me an order:

MIDIbox username (or real name)

Postal Address (including country)(please include your real name with your address)

email address

PayPal email address

Quantity of OPL3 chipsets (each chipset is 1x YMF262, 2x YAC512)

Example:

Allien

ben Downstream

2343 NE San Rafeal st.

Portland, OR 97211

USA

allien@gmail.com

allienpaypal@hotmail.com

Wilba's super busy, so lets all give him a big thank you!

Cheers,

grizz

Hey all,

Just so we're clear on this, I am NOT emailing confirmations for orders. I am being very careful to enter EVERYONE that PM's me an order. Rest assured that if you send me an order I will enter your info into the spreadsheet.

Cheers,

grizz

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

It is still possible. We're getting very close to ordering so don't delay!

I PMed you on the 27th of September but it still says that you have not read my message. I sent another message as a response to the previous one to bump the message in case you missed it.

I PMed you on the 27th of September but it still says that you have not read my message. I sent another message as a response to the previous one to bump the message in case you missed it.

I did miss your message. I already passed the spreadsheet off to Wilba, but he will have plenty of chipsets available. He will post sometime in the coming future with details.

grizz

• 4 weeks later...

So...I hope you guys remember this bulk and not use all OPLs chipsets in the new FM sammich thing. :twitch:

Wilba has said that there will be plenty of chipsets available for those who want to go the modular route.

Any perspective when we can have the chipsets?

I have no idea.

cheers,

grizz

As originally planned, I will run this bulk order of OPL3 chipsets in between the current batch of sammichSID kits (packing now), and a batch of sammichFM kits (January?).

I have in stock 100 OPL3 chipsets, which is enough for 50 sammichSID kits (assuming all kits come with OPL3 chipsets), plus another 50 spare for this bulk order. I am assuming that there will be some people cancelling their order in this bulk order and choosing to buy a sammichFM kit instead... plus there are always people who join bulk orders and then never follow through to actual payment. So 50 spare for this bulk order is IMHO plenty.