[B] SID

Trasan

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Trasan, i've accidentally stumbled over a dealer who is listing 6582A for EUR 16,90 + 21% vat + shipping, as well as 6581R4AR for 39,90 + VAT + shipping. I've done an inquiry yesterday night, but it's weekend so i gotta wait for replay. i will let you know was soon as i've heard from them, if they really can deliver.

hmm, today www.donberg.de wrote that they cannot deliver 6582A. :-/

funnily, www.donberg.ie wrote also today that they don't have stock on 6581R4AR and quote a re-order time of 10 days.

so i wrote donberg.ie if they could also order 6582A , waiting for reply ...

however, on their listing 6581R4AR (EUR 39,90 + 21% tax + shipping) is considerably more expensive than 6582A (EUR 16,90 + 21% tax + shipping)

Ok Nils, then we focus again on the "traditional" way ... too bad, i'd really like to also get some 6582A. Is there any specific known device which has those inside ?

According to wikipedia: "The consumer version of the 8580 was rebadged the 6582, even though the die on the chip is identical to a stock 8580 chip, including the '8580R5' mark. Creative Micro Designs used it in their SID Symphony expansion cartridge, and it was used in a few other places as well, including one PC sound-card."

You can also get 8580 SIDs, they are exactly the same as the 6582 SIDs. The 6582A SIDs were interesting because there were lots of never used new old stock chips available. But it seems there are not many around anymore, or at least nobody has found them yet.

Hello guys, seems this company can deliver 6581R4AR SID chips:

Frank Baumgartner,

thanks for your inquiry.my quotation is here.

part number: 6581R4AR

Manufacturer: DOS

Description: DIP-28

date code: 01+

qty: 10pcs

price: US$20/PCS

in stock.

we accept TT,paypal,Escrow,western union or others.

look forward your business!

best regards,

Justin Xing

PALMARY INTERNATIONAL CO.,LIMITED

5C130 Huaqiang Electronic World III,

Jiahe Building,Shennan Zhong Road,

Futian District,Shenzhen,518000,China.

Tel: 86-15817468780

Fax : 86-755-82957501

EMAIL:parker99lin@gmail.com

MSN:xingrj2008@hotmail.com

YAHOO:xingrj2008@yahoo.com

http://palmaryic.cn.china.cn

Manufacturer: DOS

Description: DIP-28

date code: 01+

Woot? Made by DOS? With a really weird date code?

"Just promise me you'll be careful..."

Make damn sure you have a way of getting your money back. Most of what I read on other forums recently points towards most "SID"s being around in larger quantities being either remarked (not necessarily an issue) or just random chips that happen to have the same pin count ;)

i've collected 15 SIDs from C64/128 already, however i was wondering to see more and more people selling 6581R4AR on ebay ... so i thought there must be something on stock somewhere around ...

It's probably more like the 8580 was in high demand. And supplies are pretty much running dry. So people turn to the 6581 now.

I bought some 6581R4 chips from this forum recently. I uploaded a photo of them at: http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5218/5387130655_2f4341df76_z.jpg (the two leftmost chips, the 8580 are some that I have had for a while).

Datecode for the 6581R4 is pretty weird: 0028

Pretty old! :) The seller said that they are from China, and that they sound great despite the weird datecode. I wonder what they are? I don't have my MB6582 with me at the moment so I can't test them myself yet, but will soon.

Edited by jaans