Having trouble with gates an d cv

kogz23

Hi there,

sorry, me again!

So the SEQ4 is up and running with midi working fine.

I am having problems trying to get the gates and cv working. I have 8 jacks coming out of the gates provided on the CORE board. There are also 8 cvs coming out of the AOUT NG which I have hocked up. I am not getting any voltage/triggers from either the gates or the cv's. I'm using the default MBSEQ_HW.V4 file. I think I must be missing some kind of configuration setting or something else pretty obvious.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Al

Hi there,

sorry, me again!

So the SEQ4 is up and running with midi working fine.

I am having problems trying to get the gates and cv working. I have 8 jacks coming out of the gates provided on the CORE board. There are also 8 cvs coming out of the AOUT NG which I have hocked up. I am not getting any voltage/triggers from either the gates or the cv's. I'm using the default MBSEQ_HW.V4 file. I think I must be missing some kind of configuration setting or something else pretty obvious.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Al

In the Track ---> "Event" page are you changing the port to AOUT?

There is also a cv configuration page that allows you to choose the specific AOUT model you're using.

And lastly, if you look in the AOUT port section in the manual you will find what the various Event and Channel configurations do...

Hope that helps a bit.

Hi,

so I have gone into the cv config page and set it to AOUT NG. Still no luck. No gate or no CV. Now I'm starting to pull my hair (tho I don't have much !) out.

My out port is set to AOUT. Midi was working fine, but can't get no damn analog!!!

Any ideas?

Cheers

Al

Hi

found the problem. I was did not have the ground at the +12/-12 connected. I did this because I thought if you were using a common ground with the seq4 it should not be connected to avoid a ground loop. I connected the ground and all is well. GREAT!!! One bit of confusion though, when C-3 is playing I get 5v, as the instructions ay it should be, but I am getting c-6 from my VCO...anyway, sorry if I wasted your time with my silly mistake!

Cheers

Al

Alright, we should add "ground connected?" to our default question. ;)

MBSEQ counts octaves from -2, this complies to the Yamaha standard (I don't really like it, but there were too many unnecessary "bug" reports about the octave counting in the past)

You are counting Octaves from 1, this makes the +3 difference

Best Regards, Thorsten.