Sammich Sid Skins/Decals

Tonka

Hello,

I will soon be the proud owner of twin Sammich's and want to pretty them up and give them some individuality with some printed stick on skins (my initial idea is to make them look like 2 mini red and blue electribes, as one is for synth and the other is for drums). :)

Before I get to re-inventing the wheel, has anyone done anything similar and would like to share the template? I'm guessing there are CAD drawings of the enclosure design somewhere that I may be able to utilize?

I'm probably going to do it all in MS Publisher (simply becasue that's what I know best), but will be happy to upload templates once I've completed them so that others can make their own designs.

Cheers!

Tonka

Perfect!

Thanks Wilba. Just gotta scale it and get my felt-tips out now... :)

*edit* Bloody hell - Linkscape can convert just about everything to anything! This is going to be far too easy! Thanks again. :)

Edited by Tonka

Perfect!

Thanks Wilba. Just gotta scale it and get my felt-tips out now... :)

*edit* Bloody hell - Linkscape can convert just about everything to anything! This is going to be far too easy! Thanks again. :)

I can print them on adhesive backed vinyl and cad-cut the holes when you're ready

I can print them on adhesive backed vinyl and cad-cut the holes when you're ready

:frantics:

Thanks - that would be great! I was just going to get a small punch tool made for the LED holes and take to the rest with a scalpel, but if you've got access to a cutter that's obviously going to look much better.

I've had more idea's now I've printed some templates out - using the 2 lines of buttons as 'platforms' and having various C64 games characters hanging/jumping/swinging off them... Monty, Pogo, the karate dudes from WOTEF, Mayhem, Bub and Bob, Draconus, Exolon, Bionic Commando all living in perfect harmony on my Sammich! And at the top near all the flashing LED's - Wizball and Nifta bustin some moves in the 'disco area'! :thumbsup:

Ahem...

*Note to self - try to get out more* :yes:

Hmmm... that idea might not work so well... it will be 1mm thicker than the stock panel.

I probably should wait until my beard grows back and scratch it a bit before going ahead with that. Consider it Plan B.

LOL! A thick sliced Sammich then...

Hmmm... that idea might not work so well... it will be 1mm thicker than the stock panel.

I probably should wait until my beard grows back and scratch it a bit before going ahead with that. Consider it Plan B.