What do YOU use for the audio out?

pingosimon

What solution do you use to transfer the audio from your MB-6582 to speakers?

Right now I'm using 4 adapters, stereo plug to 2 mono plugs http://www.audiogear.com/cgi-bin/shopper.cgi?key=Adpt2QmmQsm3M&preadd=action into a powered mixer. I'm thinking of switching to Stereo plug to 2 mono jacks http://www.audiogear.com/cgi-bin/shopper.cgi?key=ADPT2QMFQSM&preadd=action It's still so many cables, though!

The mini stereo plug I bought for the mixed output of the MB6582 is crap. I might replace it with a better one, maybe 1/4", and try using the mixed output. I remember reading that a few people highly recommended against that. Why?

I don't think the mixed output on the MB6582 is crap at all. It's just passively mixed so it's a bit more quiet compared to the direct outs. That plus you can't control the volumes of each output or anything. But for what it is, works great! I don't think I would use it for recording but apart from that it's a good every-day output and is certainly convenient if you don't have 4 stereo inputs on your audio device to dedicate to all 4 SID pairs.

Well out of the view of a audiotechnican it should be a XLR for each Channel any time. So the tech. can take care of different Speaker setups. (witch men, that your Headphone or Monitor may have a different sound than a PA)

But i understand that thats not a small connector and by making sound at home Jack is more common. Because cheap mixers have separated Line Inputs on Jack and just the Mic Pre is a XLR.

Neutrik makes a Combination witch i can recommend. Neutrik NCJ6 and Soldering version Neutrik NCJ5FI-S

Thes actualy have 3 Contacts so it is possible to make a Stereo Plug out of one but it is not mentioned as that. They are thought to wire symmetrical... Balanced Audio on Wikipedia