sammichSID Bulk Order Run #29/#30 - preorder form online

nILS

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello everyone,

I can make a new batch of sammichSIDs but as far as I know making replicas violates the rules of usage, because it will be a commercial project. Actually I have PCB Gerbers and project files of sammichSID, sammichFM and even MB6582. For sure I can make 10-20 of them each, and even 10 MB6582. I am located in Slovenia and I can ship them anywhere needed. 

So please guys deal with authors(niLS, Wilba?) that it will be completely legal. I do not need a lot of money for all of my job. But certainly I won't make it for free, just for something to eat, to drink, and to pay apartment rent. Anyway, I have a lot of experience in electronic manufacturing.

Reading and writing all this while listening SID tunes from my sammichSID with ASID64 

I can send photos and other information if needed. Hopes are not false. 

Best regards.

17 hours ago, Sgw32 said:

"...I can make a new batch of sammichSIDs but as far as I know making replicas violates the rules of usage, because it will be a commercial project. Actually I have PCB Gerbers and project files of sammichSID, sammichFM and even MB6582. For sure I can make 10-20 of them each, and even 10 MB6582. I am located in Slovenia and I can ship them anywhere needed...."

As far as I know, Modular Addict is still the official source for MIDIBox PCBs...

https://modularaddict.com/shop-by-brand/midibox-ucapps-de

On 7/14/2024 at 4:30 PM, Sgw32 said:

Yes, I have newly engineered PCBs from scratch, almost equal to original one. I do not have original files. Anyway, the synth is looking +- the same.  

If you made your own PCBs using the available schematics, then I think you may be free to sell them to others here, since they're your own derived work.
However, you cannot sell the finished and fully assembled sammichSID or MB-6582 synths as commercial product without express permission.

Someone else here may want to jump in and correct me if I got that wrong...

Edited by dwestbury
  • Like 1

On 7/16/2024 at 6:18 AM, dwestbury said:

If you made your own PCBs using the available schematics, then I think you may be free to sell them to others here, since they're your own derived work.
However, you cannot sell the finished and fully assembled sammichSID or MB-6582 synths as commercial product without express permission.

Someone else here may want to jump in and correct me if I got that wrong...

To prove that I have some PCBs here are the images of assembled sammichSIDs and sammichFM, and image of PCB of MB6582.
Ideally, I would like to run a 10 pcs batch of MB6582 and for example donate 25% of revenue to Midibox project and to authors. If community and authors will approve it - I can make it. I made sammichSIDs so MB6582 would be better and more interesting. I'm just still curious if it is possible to buy originally expected enclosure. I think it is better to construct a new one using acrylic materials and probably just a PCB with a drawing for a front panel. 

photo-2024-07-18-04-52-07.jpg

photo-2024-07-18-04-51-48.jpg

photo-2024-07-18-04-53-25-2.jpg

photo-2024-07-18-04-53-25-5.jpg

photo-2024-07-18-04-53-25-3.jpg