final problem : random events

defred

I'm sorry my suggestion meant so much work that went no-where.

Poor quality pots... Maybe that is the same reason my MB64 was never really good. (I use only my midibox LC, now, that is the one I isolated the pots on)

I bought 128 pots! and never finished my second MB64! (started more than 2 years ago!)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry my suggestion meant so much work that went no-where.

Poor quality pots... Maybe that is the same reason my MB64 was never really good. (I use only my midibox LC, now, that is the one I isolated the pots on)

I bought 128 pots! and never finished my second MB64! (started more than 2 years ago!)

Hi defred,

don't know if this helps you with your problem, but I think the type B10K means 10K - logarithmic Poti. If I'm right the A is for LIN and B is for LOG.

You can finaly test this by measurement. But, as mentioned before, I don't know if this is a problem.

Perhaps ask TK on this issue: Can you use LOG Potis in the MB64 ?  ???

Hi defred,

don't know if this helps you with your problem, but I think the type B10K means 10K - logarithmic Poti. If I'm right the A is for LIN and B is for LOG.

You can finaly test this by measurement. But, as mentioned before, I don't know if this is a problem.

Perhaps ask TK on this issue: Can you use LOG Potis in the MB64 ?  ???

Can you use LOG Potis in the MB64 ?  ???

I read somewhere in the uccaps site that NO you can't use log pots on Mbox project.

But since you're here, tell me how do I measure/see if a pot is wether a LIN or LOG one ? (I only have a blurry idea of it means  :-/) I'll be interested in being sure of that once for all.

defred

Can you use LOG Potis in the MB64 ?  ???

I read somewhere in the uccaps site that NO you can't use log pots on Mbox project.

But since you're here, tell me how do I measure/see if a pot is wether a LIN or LOG one ? (I only have a blurry idea of it means  :-/) I'll be interested in being sure of that once for all.

defred

Forget this, they are linear (japanese constructor went crazy and inverted the mark B10K means 10K lin, weird or my electronic dealer is a pure thief !).

Well, I can't go further, really frustrating...

Maybe I'll pay the 20 euros to buy another set of radiohm pots, (but not even sure it will solve the prob !)pfffffff euros, euros, euros !!!

defred, back down.

Forget this, they are linear (japanese constructor went crazy and inverted the mark B10K means 10K lin, weird or my electronic dealer is a pure thief !).

Well, I can't go further, really frustrating...

Maybe I'll pay the 20 euros to buy another set of radiohm pots, (but not even sure it will solve the prob !)pfffffff euros, euros, euros !!!

defred, back down.

dafred, I dunno can u post some pics of ur core/ain/pot connections or summin?

In my mb64 I used cheap pots from ebay (5eu for 50 or summin) and some 100mm sliders...never had any probs with jitter...

How many pots are u using total? and if less then 64 have u made sure the redundent pins for the AIN on the core are tied to ground?

Best

Dan

dafred, I dunno can u post some pics of ur core/ain/pot connections or summin?

In my mb64 I used cheap pots from ebay (5eu for 50 or summin) and some 100mm sliders...never had any probs with jitter...

How many pots are u using total? and if less then 64 have u made sure the redundent pins for the AIN on the core are tied to ground?

Best

Dan

Hi d2k,

Well after lot of searching I found that the core works well, because when connecting four faders (which are different) it works great. Today I also learned that the pots could work, if I push a little with my finger on the central pin, looks like a micro-false-contact it's weird.

Fact is I tryed to make some pics of it, but I only have a webcam, and the result is useless for troubleshooting anything, If I manage to get a good camera I do lot of pictures ;).

But the pots are connected as told in the ucapps web (what need grounding has it), I really think there's no problems at least on the core. But since I can trigger the bug simply by connecting pots or disable it connecting sliders, I think the problem is here, my pots are obviously not really reliable since they need my finger to do the job ! (shame on you nearby-electronic-dealer !!!), I'll order some radiohm-recommended-pots to check again if the core takes it, then I'll reintroduce the AIN and maybe soon I'll finish my dreamed box.

Thanks anyway for your story.

defred

Hi d2k,

Well after lot of searching I found that the core works well, because when connecting four faders (which are different) it works great. Today I also learned that the pots could work, if I push a little with my finger on the central pin, looks like a micro-false-contact it's weird.

Fact is I tryed to make some pics of it, but I only have a webcam, and the result is useless for troubleshooting anything, If I manage to get a good camera I do lot of pictures ;).

But the pots are connected as told in the ucapps web (what need grounding has it), I really think there's no problems at least on the core. But since I can trigger the bug simply by connecting pots or disable it connecting sliders, I think the problem is here, my pots are obviously not really reliable since they need my finger to do the job ! (shame on you nearby-electronic-dealer !!!), I'll order some radiohm-recommended-pots to check again if the core takes it, then I'll reintroduce the AIN and maybe soon I'll finish my dreamed box.

Thanks anyway for your story.

defred

CLOSING TOPIC !

The problem was indeed the pots (#?!#8Þ), I found some radiohm ones, I just mounted it : It works perfectly !

SO happy to have finished it, still have some bankstick issues to solve, and have to find some cheap but good knobs (for the moment I'll get 7 of them from my marshall amp which do not need them anymore :))

Thanks to all of you leading me here and there, learned tons of great stuff, will certainly build a minimal LTC module to get at least the midi out monitor.

again "My ears get every sound, And now my eyes can see !" (lamb) thanks

defred

CLOSING TOPIC !

The problem was indeed the pots (#?!#8Þ), I found some radiohm ones, I just mounted it : It works perfectly !

SO happy to have finished it, still have some bankstick issues to solve, and have to find some cheap but good knobs (for the moment I'll get 7 of them from my marshall amp which do not need them anymore :))

Thanks to all of you leading me here and there, learned tons of great stuff, will certainly build a minimal LTC module to get at least the midi out monitor.

again "My ears get every sound, And now my eyes can see !" (lamb) thanks

defred