Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
borfo

Is anyone selling Programmed PIC 18f4685 sets for Wilba's MB_6582?

7 posts in this topic

I think I fried mine...  Does anyone have an extra set?  Or some extra PICs that you could program for me?

I may be able to help you. I don’t have the PICs but I do have a programmer.

If no one else has a better solution I can flash PICs. 

I just found 4 cheap PICs on ebay actually...  I'm in Toronto, Canada - probably easier to figure out something local rather than sending PICs back and forth to Scotland.  Thanks a lot for the offer though.

I still have some PICs from the olden days and can flash them, but located in Germany. Shoot me a PM if you want to go that route.

Are you sure that you fried it? Maybe only the mios/bootloader needs to flash again (http://www.ucapps.de/mios/mios_v1_9h.zip). Therefor you need to upload mios til 2 seconds after switch on! It should show READY afterwards… Please try it first.

Pay attention about yoir PIC Ids too. You have to chose the correct Id inside mios studio. It also possible to change the ids via http://www.ucapps.de/mios/change_id_v1_9g.zip

greetings,

rio

Edited by Rio

Thanks everyone - I'm not sure they're fried, but they're certainly corrupted, and the bootloaders on all of them are no good.  I think I overvolted the board while I was impatiently trying out some ill-considered power supply ideas after my commodore 64 psu arrived DOA.  I tried flashing one with an arduino PIC programmer circuit I found on the internet, and the burn failed.  

I've found someone local to borrow a Pickit 2 from and I'll try reflashing my existing PICs...  If that doesn't work I just bought four compatible PICs for cheap on eBay, so I should finally be able to get this thing working one way or another.

Hey ok, so did you test the PICs with MIOS Studio ? All I know, it’s hard to damage PICs… maybe the untouched ones give a livesign for their ID there. Maybe someone has experience with PICKit2 for that chips, if you stuck in any case...

I'm interested in the result, if it worked well with the pickit2…

Good luck, greetings rio

Edited by Rio