MIDIbox of the week (MIDIbox SEQ of Hallucinogen)

TK.

• 2 weeks later...

hi !

thanks for your reply !!

it was a bit tricky to get all modules in the case ! i had to build the core on an a vectorboard to get smaller size. all the other stuff fits on one big vectorboard with dinx/doutx/microbuttons/encoders...

i will post some pics of the "inner life" next time i get a digicam !

the buttons are handmade of acryl ! similar to the ones of axel ! -> a very cool idea !!

i´ve got some long round stick in 10mm diameter and cut it in peices of ~12mm lengh. then i did a "phase" to the top side (hope this is right, my englisch... ::))

from sideview:

____

/         \

|           |

|           |

this fits nice on a microbutton - the ones that are used in tk´s sid..

put a led under the acryl button,

and you got some very good looking and very good feeling illuminated buttons  ;D

and they are cheap !

greetings

hallucinogen

ps:

in germany u can get acryl from rs-components !!

at time they aren´t fixed ! so dont it turn around !! --ones i did ... :P

two ways to fix :

first is to drill a hole (~3,1mm) centered at the bottom of the acryl piece - so u can plug it on the microbuttons shaft.

but centering is hard work without the right tools ...

i did it on my dual lc - ~140 buttons --> really hard work !!

-->pics soon !!

second is to simply glue them with "second glue" (sounds weard, is it the correct word?)

• 2 years later...

my idea is ... you can drill a little bigger than 3.2mm (about 4). And now, with your buttons lying in the case you can easily take hot glue to get your buttons centered. I think you would have to glue one after another with this technique because the first glue would get hard until your last button mounted.

A straight hole would not be so good I think because the shaft gets smaller with a certain angle.

But for centering you could take a standing drilling machine and fix some wood to the bottom. Drill a hole with your diameter of the botton. Now you can put your buttons into that hole and take a smaller drill to get your holes into it.

greeeeeetz :D

• 1 month later...