Midibox 64e - Bankstick, LTC & LCD

MEEF

Hi there,

I'm sorry if this is a repeated question, I have searched the forum & read the articles on the website & just trying to digest it all so far.

I'm planning to build a little midibox to control the Analogic Delay from here - http://www.interruptor.ch/vst_overview.shtml. So i don't need that much, just 5 faders, 5 buttons, 5 rotary encoders and 5 LEDs. I don't need a LCD (or is it better to use one anyway?) LED rings, or the LTC (from what i can see).

But would I need a Bankstick? From what i've read on the website its just for storing presets, so as I'll be just using this for one plugin, is it safe to say i dont need a bankstick?

I think I just need:

1 core

2 DINX 4's (or can i use just one?)

1 DOUTX

Is this right?

Also, I want 4 of the buttons to act so that there is only one active at a time, ie, can only have one selected at a time (applies to the button and its associated LED. Is this something that is done in the programming or the wiring?

By the way, thanks for such a great site & forum, its such a gem. I really appreciate any help you can give me as i'm new to all this. There's so much to learn but i'm getting there with the massive array of information here.

well i really like the idea of a switch, i think it would be more functional than the buttons thing. Im planning to blow up the plugin GUI, print it & have that on the front of my box. So, the buttons would be cool to fit with the original design but i will use a switch if i can find one.

Cheers  :)

hey meef

you can configure your mbox exactly the way the VST is setup; you can make it so the 4 buttons act as radio buttons (so there is only one active at a time); you can make or buy buttons with leds in them.

a rotary switch could work but like smidrin said maybe a bit dodgy.

cheers, marcel;

• 4 weeks later...

If  you are to have faders wont you also need a AIN module?

So far not seen anybody say it is possible to have analogue faders/potentiometers with a MB64E or rotary encoders with the standard MB64. I also want to utalise both in a project, but starting to think might go dual core as my planned project is going to be fairly large. For this that would just seem silly...

I guess it shouldn't be too hard to get rotary encoders working with the MB64, assuming I have understood things correctly from what I have read so far ;)

So far not seen anybody say it is possible to have analogue faders/potentiometers with a MB64E or rotary encoders with the standard MB64. I also want to utalise both in a project, but starting to think might go dual core as my planned project is going to be fairly large. For this that would just seem silly...

http://www.midibox.org/forum/index.php?topic=5556.0

If  you are to have faders wont you also need a AIN module?

It depends..  maybe on the number of potentiometers connected?  ;)

M