I HAVE 30 SID 8580 R5s!

Slorrin

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds excellent thanks man :)

My main concern is with shipping/warranty at the moment... I've had some trouble with NOS SID's not making it to me alive..... Have you looked into what's required to ship IC's safely internationally?  Between static and shock and temperature and customs scanning and couriers etc, it can be a tricky business...

I have anti static IC tubes that fit 15 of the chips, and i would use UPS express with extra instructions.  I'll double check any other safety features and get back to you.

Out of curiosity, why do you need 16?  are you building 4 midibox sids with four sids apiece? 

I will test anything i sell to you, and insurance will be included with the shipping cost.

man i'm tired... okay.. sleep now

Okay, i can't watch this board a lot while at work, so it's best to, if you want sids to email me at the address posted above.

I have so far 18 or 19 held for people, but by emailing me, i will get your request and store it in a special folder and look at it every day and weep

Just to inform you all, i have just tested the first tube of 15, and all work.  I tested them with cynthcart, with paddles to test the filtering.  Everything is loud, 3 channels, and good cutoff filtering.  I will test the next 15 over the next couple of days.  all 15 of those first 15 are spoken for, as are about 8 of the next 15.

I think i got everyone's requests here, but if i missed you, please mention it to me.  There are many international shipping rates to be calculated now, and 15 more to be tested!

Stryd_One   16 (2 now, 14 possibly later, but they're on hold for him)

Th0mas           1

Michael From France 4

Audiocommander 1

Organgrinder   4

Mattias               1

Jaicen                      2

Total remaining            1

Hi Acid,

Okay, i can't watch this board a lot while at work, so it's best to, if you want sids to email me at the address posted above.

Okay, please email me at my business email, ddp@godhatesjesus.com, and i will test the number you want, as well as check with fedex (i can ship with fedex and earn bonus miles!)

2. He has got 30 chips.

30-(16+1+4+1+4+1+2)= 1 

There's only 1 chip remaining

slp

I think i got everyone's requests here, but if i missed you, please mention it to me.  There are many international shipping rates to be calculated now, and 15 more to be tested!

Stryd_One   16 (2 now, 14 possibly later, but they're on hold for him)

Th0mas           1

Michael From France 4

Audiocommander 1

Organgrinder   4

Mattias               1

Jaicen                      2

Total remaining            1

You missed me.  I was looking for 5.

HI all.  No, i'm not dead, but i did get very sick this weekend and rather than test Sids, i tested my regurgitation reflex, copiously!

GOOD NEWS!  My body expels fluids from all orifaces simultaneously with a high degree of efficiency!  I am fully functional in that regard!

Now, back to sids.  Okay.. no one has to change their order, the 5 sid guy, correct me if i'm wrong (and i could well be) but i think you emailed me and i said "there's currently 1 sid remaining, but possibly more if stryd doesn't buy them.  Regardless, that 1 sid will go down as yours"

If that wasn't you, then it was someone other multi-sid seeking cowpolk who recently emailed me.

The requests keep coming in, i understand why, try to be patient.  I'll test the other 15 this week.  I have a concert tomrrow for one of my bands, PDF Format, and on thursday i'm hosting a comedy show, after which i will be free to test all the sids and quote all the prices and investigate all the shipping costs and kiss all the girls!

Good news!

Tomorrow is my show, so after that, i am testing the last 15.

I have a source of possibly 20 more if you don't get one, and i want to judge the interest in 6581s.

I have been able to find 36 of them, but i don't know if it's worth importing them, as in, will i be able to sell them or not, because shipping and duty and stuff is frustrating to pay for no compensation

anyone want the 6581?

they are reportedly unused, i have only seem photos and there is no indication that they have been pulled form boards.

From memmory i will say they were R4s

as far as i know, there's no real difference in sound between any 6581 or 6582 revisions though.

but who am i?  merely a man