8x SID, 1X YM-262 OPL-3, Dual Synthsizer - %100 Finished ! (Awaiting V2 SID FW)

Artesia

i paid £3 a pce for several from an amateur radio fair running at the metrodome in south yorkshire.

Usually they are £30 or so a pop from various suppliers ..i beleive maplin sell something similar still.

As for the front panel being white ...that was my doing :)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the boards that i have here for the sids are from an old revision, got it working now... they definately were not layed out in the configuration listed on the wiring diagrams.

The pinouts for the sid are supposed to be:

SO | MD

RC | MU

---| PWM

VS | VD

They are:

SO | ---

RC | MU

MD | PWM

VS | VD

also since i loaded those boards, the pwm pin moved to a dedicated pin on the same connector :)

Ended working this out by following where each signal should goto what IC pin ...and varifying with multimeter when in circuit & replaced one 74595 which had gone up the wall..

Alls well, sid making nice noises now :)

Right here goes for now folks,

its up and running, however the full compliment of sid chips will have to wait until after xmas ..as i found out i dont have enough PICs lying around.

However as far as controls and aesthetics go, it is now finished ! ..so nothing new to see later.. enjoy !

mbsid-4now.jpg

mbsid-pan.jpg

mbsid-pat.jpg

sorry to say this after such excellent work, but 'synthesizer' (also 'synthesiser') is spelt 'synthsizer' on both, was that intentional?

Why America decided it was better to spell these things with a 'Z' is beyond me. Oh yeh, and why they decided to call it a 'Zee' instead of a 'Zed'...

If it's good for the US of A, it's good for Artesia, I say  ;D

Well, synthesizer is indeed a complicated word, it's not only hard to spell it's also hard to speak  ;D

I would tell everybody that you planned this writing from the beginning. This has become a very beautiful synth with a perfect hui, wouldn't mind that ;)

Mr modnaR: LOL... I loved your xmas hat so much, I had to join you ;D

merry christmas everyone...

the issue was the lack of an 'ee' (or 'ed' as they say in the EN of GLAND  :P ;D)

Yeh I know, but I meant that if america can decide to change the spelling, then why not artesia too :) I'm just being silly, thought I'd make light of the typo and pretend it was deliberate ;) I think the joke was lost without being able to see the smart-alec grin on my face hehehe

I love the festive avatars guys, and they have 100% WAF! hehehehe

Yeh I know, but I meant that if america can decide to change the spelling, then why not artesia too :) I'm just being silly, thought I'd make light of the typo and pretend it was deliberate ;) I think the joke was lost without being able to see the smart-alec grin on my face hehehe

I love the festive avatars guys, and they have 100% WAF! hehehehe

ahh i see now! lol.

what's 100% WAF??