samples?

fokfokfok

I'm thinking about building a MIDIbox FM, but I'm not sure how it sounds.  I've heard the samples at ucapps, but they seem a little weird and the page says that "Most of these samples don't reflect the typical OPL3 sound".  Does anyone know if there is a place I can find some more typical samples?

thanks

fokfokfok

Yeah, seems to be a very clean sounding synth. It does make me a little nostalgic for early 90's gaming! Not that far removed from my beloved Megadrive (for obvious reasons!).

Hey Prof, did you get anywhere with that TB clone? I don't know if you got my last message a while back about a bulk-buy of the components but i'm still interested.

Hey Prof, did you get anywhere with that TB clone? I don't know if you got my last message a while back about a bulk-buy of the components but i'm still interested.

Was that on the Introspetiv list?

I thought I posted about prices from Rapid, and 'BobsBitsBox', on ebay. In short, there weren't anywhere near enough takers on the transistors, and Rapid's prices fro the TL072's is good enough on the number you need for the 9090, without a bulk buy - next quantity would have needed 15 people, for a significant number.

If that's it, drop me a memo, and I'll send you the details of my shopping adventures.

If it's the 3030, from Oakley, then I will be doing an order for the THAT stuff, if enought people were interested in stuff from that range I'll order in the UK, ortherwise Mouser, can Fedex one over cheaper that the UK importers will do, (basically their min order is 2 plus carriage, and over £6 each at that!). Oh, and I think I found out that the Panasonic exotic op amps are in fact a second source one from Nat Semi.

Mike

• 2 years later...

It won't work for me if I use chrome but it will with firefox (maybe a quicktime plug in issue that is browser related?)

hope this helps

cheers

Thanks for the advice.

Tried from another computer with IE8 - everything works!

Best Regards,

G.

• 4 months later...